ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fault codes and safe mode

172 y reg flamer
earlier today the 172 went into safe mode, the engine electrics light came on ( looks like a heart beat monitor) and wouldn't go past 3k revs or 30mph. stopped at lights and it was revving erratically between 2k and 3k.

checked on my code reader today and its pulled 2 codes i deleted yesterday which i assume is the problem.

TPS/pedal position sensor A circuit malfunction

and

O2 sensor heater circuit malfunction (bank 1 sensor 2)

and ideas how to sort the above

clio 1.6 16v 2001 (Y reg)
this happened to my friend the other day on his 172 and i found the fault because i caused it to happen on my 1.6 clio. there is a smallish black pip connected to the top of the engine to the right of the inlet manifold. this pipe is easily knocked without realisin you've knocked it. if it comes off the engine, it causes the revs to idle at around 3k but, this may also effect your brakes. it effects the brakes by makin the brake pedal go very stiff, leavin you with very little brakin capabilities. (hope any of this is makin sense). it does cause the heart beat light to come on and will bring up fault codes on a fault code reader. it did all of this to my friends who has a fault code reader. just slip the little pipe back on and it should sort it...... if this is the problem. hope this helps, if not then i have no idea :D