ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fault code df058

clio sport 172
hi everyone first post be gentle with me
had my 02 172 3 months now and since i have had it every now and then (my wife far more often) i get service abs and esp lights on turn ignition on and off they go out
replaced the dredded brake pedal sensor no difference so had it put on a renault code reader and the code comes up df058 brake pedal/pressure coherence
which seems to point at the brake pedal sensor but i have replaced strange

help would be much apreciated

DF058 is your second lambeda sensor the one after the cat showwing a problem. Checkj top see its getting its 12V and if so change it.

dont get that becouse on my diagnostic print out it sais df058 brake pedal status/ pressure coherance
Depending on the ECU depends on the code. The siemens sirus 32/34 (ECU on the 2.0's Clios along with others) df058 code is for the second lambeda sensor.

clio sport 172
what makes me think it is something to do with brake pedal sensor is that the abs esp and service lights come on not just the service light which you would of thought would of been the only one if it was a lambda fault

also they rarely come on with me but with my wife all the time probably becouse she is more gentle with the brakes than me

why would the lambda sensor be more troublesome with my wife than me

and are there 2 different ecus for the 172 and if so where is it and dose it have the make written on it

thanks

172/1.2/E30
Did you check the loom and plug on the brake pedal switch? Maybe your wife is touching it with her feet and generating a loose connection?

why would the lambda sensor be more troublesome with my wife than me

and are there 2 different ecus for the 172 and if so where is it and dose it have the make written on it
Its a Renault part so doesn't say siemens on it. Its not like you can just go buy another siemens 32 off the shelf and it looks like a Renault bit. Renault don't make the whole car they buy loads in to make it with.

Check the abs rings on the car though for any damage

Lambeda could be down to driving systele she useless low revs and the open map ie the lambeda is listened to and you use morre high rpm etc and the closed maps mwhere the lembeda is ignored.