ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

faster faster

hey ppl

hope u can help ive got a clio mk 1 1.2 8v as any u guys got ideas to get more power out of it. coz im gonna try make it da fastest 1.2 around mi area lol

any ideas let me no by replying or send us an email at chris_smith98@hotmail.com

cheers

R35 GTR
put a 2.0 engine in it

drop it off a cliff

fit one of the mods on ebay onto it, to improve bhp

remove brakes

strip it of everything thats not needed.

no i was just trying to respond in the same language as the opening poster, he may not understand normal speak! chinese keyboard doesn't help either....;)

BMW 330d :)
Jays172 said:
no i was just trying to respond in the same language as the opening poster, he may not understand normal speak! chinese keyboard doesn't help either....;)

just tap away at random keys then. Seems to be what some ppl do ;)

Renault Clio Mk1
Easy dude ive got the same mota, the best thing ull be strip it out straight thru exhaust and manifold and then try volumising the head to improve gas flow but apart form a transplant thats bout it!

BMW 330d :)
Spanky said:
Easy dude ive got the same mota, the best thing ull be strip it out straight thru exhaust and manifold and then try volumising the head to improve gas flow but apart form a transplant thats bout it!

Replace the 1.2 with a lawnmower engine? ;) j/k

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
really its a waste on money! but i may buy one soon as im taking my172 off the road.im gonna strip mine out,put a straight through exhaust in then get danlp6 to do some tinkering with the head!cams,improved gasflow,bigger injectors,may even put nos in!f**k it! if it blows il buy another one!lol u best not live anywhere near me lol:rasp:

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
Dude at the end of the day itll be best if you got a new car but .... I dont do things the easy way either!

Strip it out, straight through exhaust, decat, replacement filter or relocation kit from hillpower(NOT induction kit), gas flowing, chip, cams, 1.8 spi laguna throttle body+increase bore size on inlet manifold to suit, then remap. When you can add a bit of Nitrous!!!

Only got through half that list so far but already putting out 78bhp from my 1.2

Jays172 said:
Quote: Originally Posted by Jays172
mi bezt idea wud av 2 b dunt wazte ure monie. 4get bout being da fastest in ure area

Pettsi said:
Probly because he lives in your area!

Yes i'm worried already:rasp: no that's definately town speak, people speak yocal,numbria (Cumbria) farmer crap up in the sticks;)

---------------------------------------------->

Jays172 said:
Originally Posted by Jays172

Frasers Cup said:
just tap away at random keys then. Seems to be what some ppl do ;)

I've noticed!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
alrite den wot wud it cost me insuance wise if i droped a r5 gt t motor in it any ideas let me no coz it only mi first car!!!

well put like this it aint slow who eve suggested a lawn mower motor u joka ive already bashed the fuk out loads ov 1.3s in mi area

just let me no wb

cRLParis said:
alrite den wot wud it cost me insuance wise if i droped a r5 gt t motor in it any ideas let me no coz it only mi first car!!!

well put like this it aint slow who eve suggested a lawn mower motor u joka ive already bashed the fuk out loads ov 1.3s in mi area

just let me no wb
Ring your insurance compnay some won't let you it all depends.

cRLParis said:

just let me no wb

Haha, they are slow m8...i've got one (actually went from a 1.8 16v to one) but they are fun to drive if you tinker with them...argueably as much as quicker cars IMO.

But listen to the people above, just strip it and sort the brakes and handling. If you haven't got bored of it after a year or so then yeah, put a new engine in as it'll be a good base (esp as its a phase 3 so shel etc should be in good nick). Otherwise, just buy a fast car...

Allan-

ClioSport Club Member
Polish it uploads untill its so slick you have no wind resistance :)

Stripping it out is probably the best way

I have to admin my 1.2 clio was rather rapid!!! for a 1.2 anyways used to keep up with most 1.4's, not really a power machine but i could get it over a ton
Used to keep up pretty well with summys 1.4 RT, didnt last up well vs his williams though :'(

but i had a panel filter and zorst dont think it made any diff what so ever :)

I have the same car as you, in the next couple of months with a bit of luck, I will be having a renault 5 gt turbo engine conversion. Pricey, but not that common!

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
To be honest gtt conversions are not woth it. Your basically putting an even older engine in your car, as I said keep going with your 1.2. They are surprisingly strong engines if you let them warm up before raging etc. Mine does over 120mph and 0 -60 low tens/ late 9s if I time changes right (video proof before you all start stlating me). It has fun with most 1.6s.

Ps - Insuarance company will love you!!!

None
My 1.2's currently got a full exhuast system inc manifold and a panel filter and its already getting more fun to drive and drives much better than standard :) if do done the same and lowered the suspension it would do the car alot of favours

Its hard to know what to do I guess. Its catch 22. Im running 17s on mine which seems to slow it down a hell of a lot, even with a cat back exhaust and induction kit. But on the other hand at the mo, mines just for looks til the conversion

None
17's and i/k's will slow must cars down. I would recommend a panel filter and some 15's if your after more performance. When Ive finished my 1.2 I will post up information, pics etc

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
As maxx said 17s and induction kit will slow it down. Put your standard airbox back on and re route the cold air feed. 17s make the car too high for such a small car. Prob knock the speedo out as well. I would say 15s looks the best! Go euro and put 13s or 14s on it!!!

yea yea sunds gd but mines well mint ive only got 28800 on da clock and it 10 years old on a p plate so dat wud prob help
wot u recon dat first fin i shud do is????
coz i was gonna order ada suspension frm k-tec

any ideas let me no

steve740 said:
Its hard to know what to do I guess. Its catch 22. Im running 17s on mine which seems to slow it down a hell of a lot, even with a cat back exhaust and induction kit. But on the other hand at the mo, mines just for looks til the conversion

a tip 4 ya dnt run on 17's it fuks up ur speedo
as mk1 clios r on mechanical speedos which r linked 2 da gear box. The bigger size takes a bigger distance 4 da 17 2 go round once wen compared 2 a set of 15's there for appearing u r goin slower on ur speedo makin u more prone 2 gettin flashed by ur speed camera

not bad 4 an 18yrold hey and mor help just let us no!!

wb or mail me at chris_smith98@hotmail.com

cRLParis said:
a tip 4 ya dnt run on 17's it fuks up ur speedo
as mk1 clios r on mechanical speedos which r linked 2 da gear box. The bigger size takes a bigger distance 4 da 17 2 go round once wen compared 2 a set of 15's there for appearing u r goin slower on ur speedo makin u more prone 2 gettin flashed by ur speed camera

not bad 4 an 18yrold hey and mor help just let us no!!

wb or mail me at chris_smith98@hotmail.com
Doesn't matter if its a Mk1 or 2 the speedo will only be out if the wheel has a greater diameter you can stick 17's on and have the same rolling circumference is you have small tyres.