ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Faster Acceleration

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
If you want shock factor, I'm going to assume you're a 13 year old girl who cuts her own hair and dyes it pink, therefore you shouldn't be driving anyway...

:rasp:

Most people will think it's just a 'normal' Clio anyway. Leave it to those who know, to appreciate it. Unless you stuff Skyline running gear into the thing, and turn it up to 11, you'll never get proper "shock factor" out of it.

It's a French car designed for girls for goodness sake man (sorry, 13 y/o girl) !

ClioSport 172 Cup
You didn`t research when you bought your 197. Renault already have a very quick accelerating clio, its called the 172 Cup! :p

DB.

BMW 440i
Why didn't you get a Renaultsport Megane instead which is easily tuneable.

Or is that too simple and not enough of a SHOCK to people

200 gordini wouldnt feel faster. Even on book figures its less than 3bhp difference! (197 and 200 are the PS figures).

So a standard 200 wont be much different to drive than a standard 197. A cup packed 200 will be stiffer and have quicker

Evo 5 RS
Cams itbs if you're still not happy buy a Leon and up the boost so that Barry can flick his fingers in respect at you.you've got a small car with 200bhp give or take, its aleady going to give the wtf factor. If you want to really get people's attention you need boost. Then you can brap yourself to death.

Last edited:
  Listerine & Poledo
Thread must surely be 450% Trowel.

OP: IF you want to "shock" people with your cheap French hatchback, just kick the back box off. It sounds just like the best of aftermarket exhausts and will guarantee to get you just as many pi$$ed off looks from the randoms

Evo 5 RS
Or you could just do a few laps in a GTR and realise you're wasting your time unless you want to spend 14.8 million on testing and development. Just a thought

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
mugglesquop - And I have to justify the way I spend my money to you, because?... Get over yourself.

i was asking why you didnt just buy a faster car in the first place - especially as you are willing to spend more.

dont have to be a c**t about it.

Q

Qube

trolleo.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
using trollface?

Just so you know for future fella, they don't like that kind of thing in here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

Qube

Cheers for the heads up.

I wasn't left much choice with the general attitude towards my questions, was I?

I came here on a recommendation. With my initial question and replies I was originally nothing but polite.

It's not like I came here going "yo yo boizzz I wz finkn of puttin a masiv muffla on ma 1.2. du u guyz no a safe mechaniz? safe yea!"

Yet still got a load of crap of people.

Therefore, it was a case of if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Troll. Blame troll on responses. Old technique. Been done to death.

You need to up your game. Maybe don't get banned next time?

Q

Qube

I hope my family and friends forgive me for this... I'm also probably going to lose my job at KFC now. :(

Listerine & Poledo
The forum is useful and can hold a lot of answers.

Problem is that it sees a lot of the same quesitons every.....single.....day and as such the attitude gradually turns to trawling.

Anyway, in conclusion, don't worry about trying to tune the engine up on this unless you've got plenty of spare money and nothing better to do with it. Enjoy it for what it is.

Q

Qube

Yeah man, I can understand it but. Unfortunatley, that is no justification, however.

Cheers for the heads up / reply.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Yeah man, I can understand it but. Unfortunatley, that is no justification, however.

Cheers for the heads up / reply.

Personally, id save the cash and take it to a track day - as the others have mentioned, there is no real value for money way of tuning these to considerable gains - boost/throttle bodies are going to cost 2k+ (I would simply argue here to get a phase 1, strip it and tune it - but then im bias ;)) and keep yourself a 197 you can sell on.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/categories.asp?appid=3 For some ideas.

Evo 5 RS
Cheers for the heads up.I wasn't left much choice with the general attitude towards my questions, was I?I came here on a recommendation. With my initial question and replies I was originally nothing but polite.It's not like I came here going "yo yo boizzz I wz finkn of puttin a masiv muffla on ma 1.2. du u guyz no a safe mechaniz? safe yea!" Yet still got a load of crap of people.Therefore, it was a case of if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
Join who? Yourself? Ask a daft question get a daft response. Great big galah. Incidentally, you'd of been better off just reading what's already been covered time and time again. Instead of being a lazy tit.Troll your own party why don't you. 10/10

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Always makes me chuckle when people refer to power increases from cams or bodies etc as "at the top end and no good for acceleration"

Surely the top of the rev range is where you are when you are accelerating hard isnt it? Or do people try and do 0-60 these days by setting off in 5th?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cams itbs if you're still not happy buy a Leon and up the boost so that Barry can flick his fingers in respect at you.you've got a small car with 200bhp give or take, its aleady going to give the wtf factor. If you want to really get people's attention you need boost. Then you can brap yourself to death.

These modern "small cars" arent as light as you'd think.

A clio 200 weighs only one fat bird less than the original sierra cosworth did for example.