ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FASTCHIP-RSTUNER proudly presents :)

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
Finally,

Car is 2000 Mk1 172

Mod list

C&B cams
k-tec full zorst
ITG maxogen
k-tec 4-2-1 manifold + linking pipe
matched inlets plus plenum

Of course most importantly Henk's fully custom .cal file

Here is the result

128kW = 174 HP ATW 195.25 Nm ATW Torque

rsfinal.jpg

Rusty Cup
Bang tidy results :D i make 128kw 171.65083bhp but thats still pretty sweet.

Suitably jealous :D

how long did the custom map take to turn up by the way? im guna get one but i need to finish modding first :)

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
The proof of the pudding is in the Henk's .cal file :)

Depending on how heavily modded your car, it is gonna take 6-8 iterations.

Clio Sport 172 ph1
en035 nice work :) but I would like to see it on paper from RR :) I had a few good runs with RS tuner PA mode but at the end my car made 178BHP on standart Rolers.
This was done with CatCams and inlets matched but before my full exhaust system was installed

Did You get the weight right ?? My ph1 is 1115kg with me inside

Last edited:
  RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
I am around 95 kg and car was 1070 kg with full tank. 30 kg is for the junk in the trunk :)

If I can find a dependable RR, sure will do that. But that questioning never stops, If I scan an RR plot, this time there will be more comments on the RR. Dynodynamics is this, SERP is that so on :) No offense, thanks for the comment.

Clio Sport 172 ph1
all I'm saying that it's better to confirm that on RR before spreading the news worldwide :)

RS RIP
:star:Looking good Alper, great results ! Looks almost identical to mine :) Car still thrills me every time , it's a blast to drive

Could you tell a torque or top-end difference with the new airfilter ? Any comments from Henk on the airfilter ?

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
:star:Looking good Alper, great results ! Looks almost identical to mine :) Car still thrills me every time , it's a blast to drive

Could you tell a torque or top-end difference with the new airfilter ? Any comments from Henk on the airfilter ?

Will ask Henk's comments and post them here, to give you some idea how effective ITG is, I am attaching a 4 th gear WOT data. You can see how little difference between the MAP and atmospheric pressure.

itgr.jpg

RS RIP
after looking hard + again at your graph i now understand what you mean. Indeed not much difference. Henk told me, when mapping mine on the rollers, that he filter setup i have was "good" , he was probably checking what you showed me just now .

Alper, something else.. Has your car started using oil when doing the C&B cam setup ?

Mine has been using some since the cams came in. I do take her up to 7000+ a lot :evil:

Last edited:
  RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
Alper, something else.. Has your car started using oil when doing the C&B cam setup ?

Nope, never Frank, did you check any sort of leaks? I even use pretty thin oil but never needed to add. Mobil 1 0-40W.

Frank, how about the mileage on your car? do not think it is too high?

Last edited:
  RS RIP
It's defo not leaking externally, and hey ; mileage on a june 2003 car ? Not that high. Although, it has done 117000km.

I think the people mounting them have neglected some things meant to be changed :mad:

Maybe i'll be doing tappets etc. soon then ; and ANOTHER cambelt :dapprove:

in the meanwhile i'll be fine. Have to fill 'r up with just a tad bit every 600/800 km

Btw ; Have you lost some weight yet on the car ? Will very much feel different once more ! Especially with the new + improved Henky Spanky !

all I'm saying that it's better to confirm that on RR before spreading the news worldwide :)
~174 HP ATW is what C&B's lay down icm with a proper setup. Same as a bog stock 197 with a little MORE torque between 6.5-7k rpm.
In other words. It is like having a 197 Engine in a much lighter chassis. No wonder these lads are enjoying themselves.

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
It's defo not leaking externally, and hey ; mileage on a june 2003 car ? Not that high. Although, it has done 117000km.

I think the people mounting them have neglected some things meant to be changed :mad:

Maybe i'll be doing tappets etc. soon then ; and ANOTHER cambelt :dapprove:

in the meanwhile i'll be fine. Have to fill 'r up with just a tad bit every 600/800 km

Btw ; Have you lost some weight yet on the car ? Will very much feel different once more ! Especially with the new + improved Henky Spanky !

Hi Frank,

Have you checked the condition of the spark plugs? They can tell more than we imagine. Any sort of smokes under acceleration, your mileage is nothing for a well maintained f4R. Mine is around 150000 km.

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
~174 HP ATW is what C&B's lay down icm with a proper setup. Same as a bog stock 197 with a little MORE torque between 6.5-7k rpm.
In other words. It is like having a 197 Engine in a much lighter chassis. No wonder these lads are enjoying themselves.

many thanks again Henk for the .cal file. Awesome power and torque distribution.

Henk, I also got RS-2 gearbox installed in my car, it is around 5 % shorter than the factory default. Yesterday I hit 250 km/h at 7000 rpm in 5th. It never hit 7000 rpm in 5 th gear that easy before.

RSC 182 Cup

I've had mine on two different dynos of the same brand- there was around 20kW difference between the two...... :rolleyes:

So that's not going to prove much.

RS RIP

My Cup has the same setup as Alper , just not the M$$xogen airfilter ; mine made a small 174 at the wheels too on RR so i think the outcome of an RR session for Alpers car will only indeed confirm.. or even show BETTER .

When thinking of it Alper ; pretty damn good results for the temperatures your car is breathing in over there. Izmir can be HOT !

Clio RS
Good job Henk :clap: if you would like to send the .cal file, i will try it on my C&B car and post the PA here.

Dear Alper we want to see yor car in our rolling nights, i hope you will come Ankara in the near feature.

Baturalp

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
My Cup has the same setup as Alper , just not the M$$xogen airfilter ; mine made a small 174 at the wheels too on RR so i think the outcome of an RR session for Alpers car will only indeed confirm.. or even show BETTER .

When thinking of it Alper ; pretty damn good results for the temperatures your car is breathing in over there. Izmir can be HOT !

Yep, Franks and my car almost make the same power. We are pretty happy with our cars, damn right, Frank.

Izmir is pretty humid and hot especially during summer. So I am taking full advantage of maxogen and strongly suggest it to you Frank but of course not at those prices. If you can source one at a decent price maxogen is the end of the road.

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
Good job Henk :clap: if you would like to send the .cal file, i will try it on my C&B car and post the PA here.

Dear Alper we want to see yor car in our rolling nights, i hope you will come Ankara in the near feature.

Baturalp

Hi Batualp,

Thanks for it, I would be more than happy to join.

Sorry but I could not say anything about the .cal file since I am only the driver. It is pure Henk's awesome (ongoing) work and when it comes to the distribution and etc. he is the person to visit.

Best

Alper

Clio RS
Hi Batualp,

Thanks for it, I would be more than happy to join.

Sorry but I could not say anything about the .cal file since I am only the driver. It is pure Henk's awesome (ongoing) work and when it comes to the distribution and etc. he is the person to visit.

Best

Alper

i have send a mail to Henk to remap 2 megan RSs, when i got a reply i will talk to him for the map.

Clio 182 BG
i thing i got a problem.

after mapping with the RS Tuner my engine feels more powerful and drive a lot better, the rev limit ist about 7500 i thing.

and then i do a PA....

i only have 114kw @6900rpm and 175 NM torque ???

drag was 29,96kw

i´m not really happy

Clio 182 BG
mmh, really ?

i was on RR last year, with full stock car and i have 183 PS on the engine.

Now with panel filter exhaust (63mm diameter) and rs tuner, it loose power?

RS RIP
^^ indeed ; what gear ? I remember Henk mapping my car on the RR and him always using WOT in fourth gear . This for a more accurate reading . Many RR use third gear which will have given your car seemingly more power , but not accurate ?

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
Also, what RPM do you start from in order to get a good reading?

Would 1300kg for a 172 with 2 lads in, half a tank of fuel sound about right?

Clio 182 BG
On RR they use the 4th gear, startingup from about 2000 3000 rpm i thing.

With RStuner i use 3rd gead, like they say in the manual starting at 2000 rpm, i attempted it in 4th gear to.

and with 1200kg

Clio Sport 172 ph1
en035 did You manage to check the car on the RR ??

I was testing my V6 box setup latelly and finally the car makes reliable and steady power output.

Pretty much it looks that way now :) with few minor adjustements ;)
b0f79cac0fc15010.jpg

And few testing runs...
e2ab90fda7e0984c.jpg

680bcc7b658fe077.jpg

Finally the result :)
8a15706b21c5b0ef.jpg

I'll be confirming that on RR very soon but I was wondering how Yours did on the RR if You took the time to run it ?

Clio Sport 172 ph1
What other mods is that with?

Thats near 200bhp atw isnt it?

167BHP atw to be exact (around 203BHP at the flywheel)

Mods ?? Not much to be exact ;)

CatCams 421 camshafts
RS stamped inlet manifold (further modified)
matched inlets (by myself)
Green Air Filter in V6 Box (as seen in the picture above)
4-2-1 exhaust manifold from Clio 182
full custom 2,5" exhaust
143163873064465f.jpg

Custom calibration made by Henk (but it was made before the full exhaust was made and before oryginal air box was swapped for V6 box) and it still did wery well in my opinion :)

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
Hi Toxic,

As for RR, not yet. Got me a brand new clio cup gear box jc5 129-2. Now I am busy with swapping them. Once we are done with the ECU calibration, I will let you know about the results.

Your results seem OK now. Get rid off the corrugated pipe on the inlet side and try to keep that pipe as small as possible.

Best

Alper

en035 did You manage to check the car on the RR ??

I was testing my V6 box setup latelly and finally the car makes reliable and steady power output.

I'll be confirming that on RR very soon but I was wondering how Yours did on the RR if You took the time to run it ?

RS RIP
Alper, Janus ; you guys have a phase 1 right ? With the opening for air (caf) somewhere around/under the headlight ? I wish i could go down that route with the phase 2..

Now i have removed the fuel railguard and routed a corrugated tube along the front which seems to work out good, but knowing the air is actually FORCED in, whirling around (not quite ambient) i want to try something else. i have found some double layered hose/tube so the metal spiral does'nt affect the airflow :)

I like the idea you did Janus , real short route to the TB !! i think i will copy your setup , only mine will have to maybe have the caf pointed at a sacrificed foglight , way down and i hope the caf will fitt behind the headlight :( last time i gave up , tooooo tight !!!!

Why did you remove the fuelrailguard ? I'm thinking the insurance and others will put me in jail if i cause a fire on impact which ofcourse i hope will never happen ..will put it back when your setup works out ..

Great results too btw. ! But 167Bhp will not be 203 atw i think, probably a healthy 190+ or so i think. Taken a 15% loss into the equation you would be at 192. I even think the loss should be calculated at 13%

I remember Henk telling me with my 174 bhp it made a genuine 190+ at the fly :(;)
it goes like stink ! That's all that matters.

clio sport 182
awsum mate sounds about rite my 182 with cat cam 428's itg panel filter bored out plenum and matched inlets rs tuning remap and milltek decat made 186.6 bhp