ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Fast road" setup?

Italian 3.2 V6
So I don't do track days, possibly one a year but that's all I tend to get around too doing tbh. I mainly drive my 182 up roads like Hartside.

At the moment my spec is
- Weitec Coilovers
- 15" OZ Ultra's
- GoodyearEagle F1 tyres 195/45
- Goodridge braided lines
- Grooved front disks / OEM rear disks
- Redstuff pads all round
- Mk1 Yozza & V6 box
- 25mm/15mm spacers

Obviously I could so with replacing the pads as they arnt the best (fitted by prev owner). Iv bought some OEM brembo's for the rear as there almost out now anyway.. I thought about upgrading front pads to DS2500's, but are they not abit overkill for road use? I guess the regular Ferrodo DS pads would be more suited/more than capable??

Also what about the whiteline ARB? Is that more a track focused upgrade or again is that abit overkill for road use?

Im pretty happy with the coilovers i have as they seem to suit the road being quite soft. Iv had H&R's before & I found them abit too firm which caused my last 172 to act "skittish" on our UK roads. BUT, I can easily get my hands on a set as a swap.. :S tempting as they are the "better" coilover.

Anything else which Would improve the current setup?

Piers.

e92 330i
I have a whiteline arb on my 1.6, honestly get one! Makes more difference then you would think.

clio 182 sport
Ive got a standard brake set up atm and to be honest if it isnt good enough for you on the roads you must be driving like a fooking tool IMO, I was tempted to get a whiteline rear ARB as everyone on here rants and raves about them but my car handles fine now for me so there's no point.

Save your money for when something goes wrong lol.

2003 Clio 172 Cup
Personally, the DS2500 would be a worthwhile addition to your braking spec. They work well from cold and are a big improvement on the standard pads in my view. I used them in conjunction with the Brembo HC Discs (non grooved) and they work extremely well on the road.

Ive not used the Weitec coilovers but thought you might be better off using standard cup shocks and either Bilstein/Cooksports springs on the road. Clearly its not going to be show car low, but would no doubt ride / handle better on the road.

Italian 3.2 V6
With the Weitecs set to a respectable hight (not uber low as they are now) would they not do the job as good as OEM setup with aftermarket springs? I can't even remember what the OEM setup is like too drive mind, been around 3years since I drove a standard setup 1*2!

I'd be keen to try a 1*2 with a white line ARB to find out what the fuss is about tbh..

172/1.2/E30
Weitec's are fine. Rebranded KW coilovers. DS2500's are overkill on a road car. A fresh set of OEM pads is totally sufficient.

LOL @ all the guys bumming springs and cup shocks over a quality and properly set up coilover suspension...

Italian 3.2 V6
Well tbh that's what I thought, surely they'd be as good if not better than a OEM setup with aftermarket springs.