ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fast road 182 ff

182 ff, classic mini
I have a completely standard 182 but i want it to have a track look and speed as i would like to do a few track days next year, i will remove back seats for the track, but will coilovers be to agresive as im using it every day? or should i just get stiffer springs. also i live by demon tweaks so if i get coilovers can they set them up for me how i want it ?

I guess it depends what coilovers you go for. I can't comment on them though as I don't have. I do a lot of track work in mine. I found that standard cup dampers and eibach sportline springs are fantastic combined with a whiteline arb.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
No real need to remove the back seats for trackdays.

Coilovers should be fine daily, I run Spax spring and damper set up on 14 clicks and its quite stiff but its certainly liveable.

As said though, don't have to be coilovers to do a few track days.

'03 MCS, MKV Ed30
Ive run gaz coilovers for over a year now i think daily, slammed. There fine. LOADS better than cup pack suspension - i found it really crashy.

LY FF182
I run gaz coilovers daily, They are great.. Small level of body roll yet very compliant over the bumps and comfortabl

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Few things.

Dont use demontweeks unless ordering stuff via phone or internet
Invest in some decent springs, i run the cooksports on std dampers
Get it all set up properly by a decent alignment place
Leave the rear seats in unless going down the caged route, made no difference to mine bar the noise, which in fairness was pretty cool lol.
Lastly dont go ott, just enjoy it :)

182 ff, classic mini
had a look at cooksports sound good only planing on a couple of track days a yr,
also why will i need alignment doing if i just have springs replaced ?
thanks peps,

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Oh yeah sorry. i got camber bolts too and got the alignment and bolts fitted at the same time, makes a big difference imo. I only do a few days a year too mate

182 ff, classic mini
ooo ok makes sence just priced the camber bolts at about £40 front and rear, how much is alinment approx ?

Megane r26
You should always have the alignment checked an adjusted if required after lowering as it will alter the toe settings of the veichle which wheel affect Tyre wear an handling. Plus if you are fitting camber bolts you will need the camber setting

Megane r26
ooo ok makes sence just priced the camber bolts at about £40 front and rear, how much is alinment approx ?

Depends are where you go, I'm sure someone on here could recommend someone local to you. Just for your average laser four wheel align you looking no more then 50 quid.