ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO TomTom Mobile Users :)

Guys - i have a retail version of tomtom Mobile on CD and also the 128mb MMC card that comes with the package, my question is..

Has anyone managed to transfer the GB/UK map from the preinstalled 128 -> onto a bigger mem card? When i copy over the directory structure as it is on the 128mb card i get "no maps found" when loading TomTom Mobile.

seeing as the maps 100mb that leaves me with 28mb to play with which is a joke - i really need to know how to get this working on a bigger card.

anyone managed this?

Cheers

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

iv got it, and a 512mb card. i have the map on my pc, iv not tried to put it on the card as of yet, will be doing it tonight, but my mate has and his works spot on!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Quote: Originally posted by rockport on 17 January 2005
Guys - i have a retail version of tomtom Mobile on CD and also the 128mb MMC card that comes with the package, my question is..Has anyone managed to transfer the GB/UK map from the preinstalled 128 -> onto a bigger mem card? When i copy over the directory structure as it is on the 128mb card i get "no maps found" when loading TomTom Mobile.seeing as the maps 100mb that leaves me with 28mb to play with which is a joke - i really need to know how to get this working on a bigger card.anyone managed this?Cheers

Its possible that it is your phone? What size cards does your phone says it takes? Is there some sort of browser on the phone? Can you see the data on the card?

rockport and Adams_16v both have Nokia 6600 phones - capable of using 1gb mmc cards!

Interesting that Adams_16vs mate has managed to get it working ok on a 512mb card!

Jamie you got yourself a gps receiver now then now then?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

ill let ya know tonight, gonna get it all working! 512mb card should have arrived today hopefully!

172beast

GOt mine installed on a 256meg card, works fine, also got speed cameras, maccy ds, petrol stations installed as well, spot on.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

the 512mb iv got on order works, best off reading customer reviews as they will tell u if they work with nokias or not.

Quote: Originally posted by Glennclio16v on 19 January 2005
I know of plenty of 6600s using 512mb sd mmc cards!! And supposedly 1gb isnt a problem either! :)

SD and MMC are too different types of card, SD is the newer version of MMC and does not work in the 6600, also I said that cards over 256mb were not officially supported, and that not all of them work with the 6600, not that none of them work with the 6600.