ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Tom, Weeman etc, or anybody ref Nurburgring

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Greetings.

Where can i insure a car, fully comprehensively, for a weekend at the ring. Many thanks. x x x

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
i thought you cant get insurance for the ring if u do it will eb well high i just came bk from there and went with 35 ppl no one had track insurance

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Oh s**t, surely my travel insurance would cover it?
£2,000,000 personal liability insurance ;)

lift number 1 @ btm
you can hire cars from the hotel just up from the entrance, nurburgring.org has a section about it. actually thinking about it there might be a section about insurance too, or i might have just imagined it!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
My insurance company insures me fine. All i had to do was provide them with my proof of skill certificate. Excess on the ring is a little steep.

But then people like me never run out of talent.

Punto/Clio GTT
My insurance company insures me fine. All i had to do was provide them with my proof of skill certificate. Excess on the ring is a little steep.

That's not what my mom said.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Wheres the vid from Brands again Tom? ;)

Sticking it back on track wasn't proof enough?

FMA:
Sorry about your mum mate but i'd had a lot to drink and my stamina was off.

Personaly if your gonna push it forget insurance just pay up the hills when you hit stuff.

Place like dayinsurance might cover it best.

Its a public road though so most insurance companies cover it check (don't as about the rign ask if any roads are banned as such).

E90
Tis a grey area mate, most people I know aint covered, what you need is to make sure your bank account or credit card has enough in it to cover all damage etc, nurburgring gmbh, will take that from you on the day, should you bend any armco, need towing off etc, they wont do it through insurance. As far as i know, not many of the trackday insurers cover the ring. But like others have said as its Public road, if another car, should hit you or be deemed at fault, then there insurance will have to pay up, in which case its treated the same as normal. (police will investigate)

Drive safe and well within your limits and all should be gravy. The reason I run the munich shed is so that should the worst happen, I aint losing lots and lots of money.

try ben lovejoys site, or Northloop.co.uk for more info

Mk2 172
I spoke to a chap there with a porsche a few weeks ago when i was over there and he took out a policy for 150 quid a day which covered him for any costs at the ring such as ( breakdown, armcos, recovery etc but i cant remember what they were called. i know you can get it tho. insurance on the car for accident damage is very very risky!!