ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO r-jay ( i bet your sick of these)

R-jay, ive been looking on this site for a few months now. i have to give my hat of to you for the excellent detailing you produce. I purchaced a P.C last summer and how many times i attack my black 182 i just cant get rid of all the swirls.

I start off by washing (two bucket method)
clay if it needs it
megs 83# on the country lake 4 inch cutting pad
megs 80# on the green sonas
then finish with P21's by hand

I just cant believe how soft the 182 paintwork is... just breath on it and it marks.

R-jay could you please right down exactly your order of a good detailing day..

Thanks

106 GTi
LOL Tom!

big J. The black gold paint does seem very soft thought that when I picked up mine.

I am not sure what to suggest on this one as the #83/#80 combo should sort most things by pc, especially if your working the 83 with a 4 inchspot light cut pad.

To be honest I am not a real fan of the 83. I get better results using Poorboys SSR range 2 and 2.5 or Detaillers Pride Super Swirl Elimanator by pc, even on hard VW paint.

I would be tempted to:

1.Wash
2. Clay
3. Polish with SSR 2.5 or DP Super Swirl Elimator (Light Cut Pad)
4. AG Super Resin or Clearkote Vannilla Moose (Polishing Pad)
5. AG Extra Gloss (if you use the Super Resin) or Poorboys EX-p (if you use the VM)
6. P21s wax after 12-24 hours.

If the 83 isnt removing the swirls for you I would guess its down to the way your using the PC, move the machine really slow, put some pressure on it (Push down till the motor bogs and lift slightly). Make sure you work the polsih long enough, either so it clears with the 83 or almost starts to dust if your using the Poorboys SSR 2.5. If that isnt working maybe the defects you have more likely need a rotary?

Try a couple of passes per panel if one isnt sorting things.

Cheers

Rich