ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: People with 3/4 plates...

b/g 182, meg tourer
yep, but im good friends with the mechanic.

best bet is velcro them on and change them to standard plates at mot time

ash_s3

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup

I dont think velco'd on number plates are very clever to be honest, especialy with all this identity theft business going round

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
are you joking me - I've had numerous traffic police behind me and have been stopped by an unmarked patrol car for speeding. Never have my plates been mentioned or caused me to get stopped - that's over 7 yrs of driving with 3/4 plates.

b/g 182, meg tourer

I dont think velco'd on number plates are very clever to be honest, especialy with all this identity theft business going round

if someone really wanted to go out and steal a numberplate they wold just carry round a screwdriver.
i know what you mean tho, much easier to steal! but screws and cover caps just look shite and double sided tape leaves shitty glue marks!

clio 182 black /gold
I have this and it has passed a few MOTs.
DSCF0928.gif

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
thats the same as mine, std letters just chopped the edges off

Dansta where do you get yours done? i know a bloke in gravesend that did mine and let it through fine, but dunno if he did this only because i know him.

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
like wise, have had mine standard plates cut down like above for years now, (and used to park on a police carpark) and never had them mentioned, been stopped nor failed an mot!!
you'd have to have an officer in a bad mood to stop you just for plates like these.

Been pulled a few times but never for my plates... They've never mentioned them and had a few walks around the car (normally admiring lol).
Mines proper 3/4, not chopped down. No Dodgy spacing... well apart from a double space between first and second set of digits to look cleaner but you'd never notice.

Just MOT was intriguing me... we shall see. Thanks for the responses guys...

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
A few places in Glasgow but it's easy to do yourself if you want to. Just measure the standard plate up and saw the sides off - then round the corners with sandpaper. Results may not be 100% but not far off shop quality.