ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO of K-tec

I understand you will be doing a carbon fibre engine cover for the 172, if you havent already. Will their be anything like that for the lesser models? Even if theyre just colour coded covers/oil caps with k-tecracing decals?

I think this would be a cool addition to the engine bay(?)

Cheers

if you search it up, theu posted a while ago about this.

I dont think that they actually went through with it due to high tooling costs and relative lack of interest meaning high prices...cant remember them though.

Damn. Oh well, i guess ill do it myself, do you know what kind of paint i would need to withstand engine temps?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

rob ask essex racing to do you one i will have one too

You mean carbon fibre? I might get it carbon skinned by them, im not going to be the one who gets charged development costs for full on carbon one though! Though you can buy that stuff in reels anyway cant you?

Im still interested to know if normal car paint will be ok to use in the engine bay. Id like to paint the cover black, with the k-tec sticker on top, would go nice with the polished tank, relocation pipe and the new grille im gettting.

Yeah, thats what i want, but ben rekons ktec decided not to bother with replacement engine covers.

Think thats just normal paint??

I dunno if itll do the job but you can get specific high temp paint in halfords and places, its probably similar to caliper paint, cos they get pretty hot. Dunno for sure tho.....

i said they werent doin CARBON FIBRE engine covers. Last time we spoke and David come on here, there was not enough interest. Prices were high though, but what do you expect, it is carbon fibre after all.....but again, its an engine cover......?~?~?

I know, i found the thread you were on about, i wouldnt pay £250 for a cover for mine, but i would for a 172/cup, purely for the coolness factor. For carbon fibre its not that bad a price.

I have recieved the grille (so ill have pictures on monday) but no side repeaters, will i get these in a seperate parcel????

oops, thanks for the quick response, side repeaters was inside the actual bubblewrap as the grille, doh!

It appears to be a more complicated job that i imagined so hope my neighbours dont complain too much about my swearing tomorrow!

First impression is that the grille is of good quality, and has got k-tec embossed in it, cool :)

Wouldnt of minded a free sticker though *hint hint*

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Rob,

The grille you bought its is the silver one pictured on the k-tec site yes ? I am gonna buy one if the quality and fitting is good.

Tell me what you think of it and how easy it was to fit.

Cheers bud.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

drilling :eek:

I thought It would be a straight fit ... with clips or somthing...

I think all it is making the existing holes a tad bigger, and it goes over the existing one by the looks of things. Dont quote me on that though..all will be revealed by monday though!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

999 posts.. ahh i will get there soon enough..

Good luck installing it and if it goes okay for you on monday I will be ordering mine, although I do also have to get road tax this month :cry: that will be a cool £160 please

oh yeah im past it now..is that a good or bad thing? lol

Cheers for the good luck, i need it, im sh*t when it comes to DIY and that