ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: iPhone 4 - Queuing People

The screen definitely takes the biscuit for me.

Bloody annoying how half of my icons now look like sh*t though!

E87 118d M Sport
Every App maker will have to go through and sort them out. Not difficult, but You can really see the difference cant you! Unbelievable.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I got to the Exeter O2 store at 0645 and was 9th in line, i walked out of the store at 0830 with a 32gb and was home by 0850 setting it up.

So much quicker than i thought it was going to be!

9th!?! Mate, I was 6th. So... were you the chap asking O2 bloke about picking up two and he said you'd have to join the, massive, queue?

Abarth 500 Essesse
I am NEVER EVER doing that again, 4 hours in a bloody fire escape corridor, never again. No point reserving since both queues moved a very similar rate. However the phone is great, bar the signal issue. But thats not a major issue as long as you don't grip it like a gorilla.

B

Bucko

9th!?! Mate, I was 6th. So... were you the chap asking O2 bloke about picking up two and he said you'd have to join the, massive, queue?

No he was behind me, i was the skinhead with the grey t-shirt, jeans and white plims.

I am NEVER EVER doing that again, 4 hours in a bloody fire escape corridor, never again. No point reserving since both queues moved a very similar rate. However the phone is great, bar the signal issue. But thats not a major issue as long as you don't grip it like a gorilla.

I received mine at home, then popped to Meadowhall to collect the 2nd one.

Got there at 2pm thinking there'd be no queue. LOL. 2hours later I was getting seen to.

My poor mate came along just for the ride out, then spent 2hours in that dark corridor.

NEVER again!

Honda. Tesla Someday
I queued from 10pm at Westfields in White City. The curtains dropped at about 7:30am. I was queuing for about 10 hours. BUT, the plus side is that I was FIRST in to the store and was applauded and filmed walking in etc, absolutely AMAZING. Bought my reserved 32Gb and left. Was a queue of at least 500 people as i walked out!

Honda. Tesla Someday
What exactly did you do for 12 hours?!?

Id have needed about 4 meals in that time!

About 10 hours, well, spoke to lots of people. Had to try to be comfy on the solid marble floor! Stood up n sat down a lot. Had to stop my legs going numb! Ermmmm, chatted on the phone, spoke to mate who was with me... well yeah, and appeciated I was at the front of a 500 person queue lol!

SLK250 CDI
I received mine at home, then popped to Meadowhall to collect the 2nd one.

Got there at 2pm thinking there'd be no queue. LOL. 2hours later I was getting seen to.

My poor mate came along just for the ride out, then spent 2hours in that dark corridor.

NEVER again!

2hrs is not bad at 2pm! I went to the Bullring yesterday abut lunchtime (1pm) and there were hundreds of people in the reserved queue, bet the ones at the back would have been there until close.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
DeeKay, you're mental mate, but props for commitment.

I prefer my phones4u option, it was as if no one in Bluewater had any idea phones4u were selling them? Like at all!

At 7:30am they'd opened the store, I arrived at 7:32 and walked in the door, sat down and chatted to the sale assistant (I was the first person in the store) whilst they tried to get through on the phone.

Admittedly getting through took A LONG TIME but in this time they took my number, I walked around Bluewater, chilled out, got some food and browsed the internet using p4u's wifi.

I queued from 10pm at Westfields in White City. The curtains dropped at about 7:30am. I was queuing for about 10 hours. BUT, the plus side is that I was FIRST in to the store and was applauded and filmed walking in etc, absolutely AMAZING. Bought my reserved 32Gb and left. Was a queue of at least 500 people as i walked out!

I have way too much Apple stuff and will happy sing their praises, but you are deluded! Lol.

Justifying a 10hour wait because you're 1st? LOL! Especially a reserved one that you didn't even need to queue for.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
dedication.

mine is allegedly on the DHL van and is being delivered to me today.

Honda. Tesla Someday
Yes, it was reserved and yes I didnt have to queue! BUT I wanted it first!! LOLOLOL I know, I am nuts... or am I HARDCORE?? LoL was a good laugh and I hardly ever sleep anyways! :evil:

Abarth 500 Essesse
Meadowhall should have managed it better, reserved shouldn't have had to wait and should have been dealt with first. Oh well live and learn next time I'll get on the website earlier!!! Cj when I left at 12 the queue was still near the car park!!!!