ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: Flocked Dash Peeps

PH2 Track Car
Alright

looking to get my dash flocked on my PH1 but wondered what people do with the passangers airbag section?

Does the blue section seperate to send to be flocked or do you need to ditch airbag and get lower spec top section of dash

Holty

recaro'd 172 rep
all the ones ivve done, ive flocked the dashes with the tray in, it looks alot better,
but alternativly you could fibre glass the top of the airbag to the dash and lose the airbag

340i
The blue section is part of the airbag assembly...

IIRC if you "shouldn't" flock over an airbag anway, I used the lower model tray to replace the air bag when mine was flocked :)

Evo 5 RS
weathered in what way ? where did you get it done ?

I BOUGHT IT OFF DANNYR, excuse me. I bought it off Dannyr so not sure where he got it done, it gets dirty very easily though - shouldn't be a problem for the more anal of members

Looks the nuts when clean though

Stage 3 Spec Fiesta RST
If you are going to keep the airbag then you must not flock over the break through area or the arbag cover. We seeked legal advice regarding this and in a nutshell insurance is void as the safety device has been tampered with beyong manufactures specification. To flock over the airbag it must be disconeected and removed.

Probably not much help but it may just stop someone getting into problems in the event of a claim/crash

Kind regards

Raj

I removed my airbag. drilled the rivets out holding the skin on and sikaflexed it back onto the dash to be flocked:
c5f93c19.jpg