ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO evilice;need advice on my sound setup

....or any other ICE knowledeable people please. as follows;

When i get my car back i shall be putting an original renault headunit in but upgrading the 6 speakers, 4x 13cm sony 120watt and 2x 10cm sony 80watt. what i want to know is will this shound sh*te and should/can i run a 6channel amp off the original headunit, also is it possible to fit 17cm speakers in the rear as opposed to 13cm?

Im not a great lover of having the radio on whilst driving so i am not bothered bout a top bollo** sound system (such as freds....nice TV mate! ) but as long as its fairly decent.

any advice thanks!

for starters id stay away from the sony speakers they sound horrible and unlike many others who slate sony, i have actually heard most sony speakers and really dont like them!

If you dont intend going for a sub, Id advice a nice set of 6x9s for your parcel shelf. I had a set of mb quart DTC69 and they were really good! This will give you a bit of bass. Then combine this with a set of 10cms in the front and your sound system would be adequate. Brands such as infinity and mb quart again will see you right here.

If your not that serious about your stereo, dont bother with an amp. A good head unit will give you enough power...which brings me to my next point...Id seriously advice upgrading...you can pick up a cheap cd player for a hundred pounds and it will give you twice as much power as the standard renault unit!

Alot of people will argue over speaker brands, but its personal choice..go to your local audio store and listen for yourself...its your car:)

I would agree with most of that.

If you just want to upgrade your system to a half decent one then avoid Sony speakers. they will do you no favours at all.

You could in theory run an amp off the standard headunit by using RCA converters but you would be much better off spending that bit extra and going for a new h/u

An amp would make a world of difference to the sound quality etc. However I would only upgrade 4 of the speakers and get a 4 channel amp. Use the cash that you save to buy some half decent components for the front. We have some good clearance prices on some MB Quart comps which dont cost that much more than your average coaxial. Ill be posting a list of some offers tomorrow.

Russ