ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: Christopher - Nimbus 200

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
See, i'm not that sure, i'd need another go. Drove Steves (SBV116) 200 Cup back in the day, and yes the steering is better with the quicker rack, but other than that, not sure. Now weather its because his had a few 100 miles on it, and my blue 197 had around 30k and was shod with H&R coilovers I dont know, but at the time I thought 172 > 182.......

The 200 is the better car, no doubt, but night and day?? i'd need another go in a 200 Cup..... From what I remember, they are better low down, mainly due to the gearing, so will be nicer round town etc. Once on the boil i'm not so sure.

Last edited:
  130i Road, 172 Track
i second this, give me a 182 anyday! they just dont look anything special imo, far too subtle, if i didnt know abit more about clios than the average joe i would have thought that was a 1.2 with some black rims!

sorrrryy!!

Are you high? As the OP said, the ph2 is way more subtle.

What about the rear diffuser, fat rear end, vents in the front wheel arches, front splitter in the bumper.

Don't get me wrong, I love my ph2 and ph3 Clios, but to say a 200 is more subtle than a 182 is just incorrect.

130i Road, 172 Track
Will do mate. On the subject of which, how do you get them off? I'm scared to death of scratching my wheels.

Easiest is with the wheel off, they just pop straight out if you push them from behind.

Not sure how to do it with the wheel still on the car.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Will do mate. On the subject of which, how do you get them off? I'm scared to death of scratching my wheels.

Mine just fell off lol :dapprove:

You should be able to prise them out with a small screwdriver wrapped in a cloth or similar.

Or remove the wheel and push from behind if you're super worried?

PMSL at the comments about the 182. Yeah cos you'd have a £2k heap if a 200 was in your budget.

Megane r26
See, i'm not that sure, i'd need another go. Drove Steves (SBV116) 200 Cup back in the day, and yes the steering is better with the quicker rack, but other than that, not sure. Now weather its because his had a few 100 miles on it, and my blue 197 had around 30k and was shod with H&R coilovers I dont know, but at the time I thought 172 > 182.......

The 200 is the better car, no doubt, but night and day?? i'd need another go in a 200 Cup..... From what I remember, they are better low down, mainly due to the gearing, so will be nicer round town etc. Once on the boil i'm not so sure.

Gotta agree with you there, I own a 197 an went for a good drive in a friends 200 an I struggled to see what all the hype was about? Steering was maybe a bit better but its one of those.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
.............new car syndrome more like ;)

If you drove them blindfolded, other than a cupped 200 steering you'd struggle to tell imo

So 172 < 182 ;)?

I'm certain they are great to drive. But I just wouldn't buy a new one, as they drop in value so quickly it makes me nauseous; I wouldn't buy it in Nimbus as it really does look quite plain; and from my own Renault experience (and the fact that most posts on Facebook are from people like Warren with "Because French car" with a picture at the side of the road with the exhaust on a >1year old car with a broken exhaust/window/engine, etc) I'd be worried about it going wrong.

Now, granted Chris is going for the 4year servicing, warranty and finance option (which is superb) - but all the above still applies...

p.s, this is not a dig, it's more of a "thinking aloud" post! At least it's clean, Lee!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, the depreciation hit's something I can deal with considering it's a car built to my spec and I'll be keeping it for years.

With the next Clio being a five-door model and turbocharged, it'll probably be my last too.

clio 182 sport
absolutely class ive had my 182 from new for 6 half years now still love it to bits and cant honestly imagine drivivg anything else.bur if i could afford it id have a 200 now just dont want a regular payment.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I have so much respect for people who keep cars that long. Impressive.

Lee

BMW M2C
I have so much respect for people who keep cars that long. Impressive.

Me too. It's easier with Renaultsport Clios as nothing comes close to the fun for the money, so they're a tough act to follow. I kept my 197 4 years, which is a long time for me.

Disastra Coupe
i second this, give me a 182 anyday! they just dont look anything special imo, far too subtle, if i didnt know abit more about clios than the average joe i would have thought that was a 1.2 with some black rims!

sorrrryy!!

A 200 is more subtle than a 182? Really??

Should have gone to specsavers.

Indeed. The denial in some people is astonishing. The 182 looks like something your nan would drive when compared with the Clio III Renaultsports.

Swift Sport
Very nice, Lee. I can't be bothered reading through all the comments so apologies if you've already been asked, but how are you finding it? Is it a significant improvement over the 197 in your eyes? The only thing I noticed when I drove one was the extra torque lower down in the range, other than that it felt very similar. Having said that, my 197 wasn't standard so the comparison isn't the same.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
I liked the nimbus 197 but on a 200 mixed with black front and them alloys it just doesn't have the same effect :S

Lee

BMW M2C
Very nice, Lee. I can't be bothered reading through all the comments so apologies if you've already been asked, but how are you finding it? Is it a significant improvement over the 197 in your eyes? The only thing I noticed when I drove one was the extra torque lower down in the range, other than that it felt very similar. Having said that, my 197 wasn't standard so the comparison isn't the same.

I put a few thoughts in this thread mate: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...-v-197-v-200&p=8545165&viewfull=1#post8545165