ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO BenR

BMW 330d :)

I think I might have a problem with my 172 cup, it seems to be using a bit of oil and its only done 19000 miles! I may have slightly overfilled the oil when topping it up (roughly 2000 miles ago) and it seemed to blow some out on the top of the engine. I cleaned it up thinking no more of it, but Ive noticed since filling it up again there has been some more oil leaking! I made sure that it wasnt overfilled again.

Since it had its 12,000 mile service its used just over half of its oil, thats if the renault mechanics actually changed it!

Anyway any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Fraser

BMW 330d :)

Well im hoping that sort of consumption is normal and I dont really want to take it to my local dealer for them to take the engine to bits when they cant even fix a cd-player!

Cheers anyway

Fraser

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

the max allowed by renault is 1l per 750 miles. Keep a record of how much you use per 750 miles. Personally though mine doesnt seem to use any.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

if you over fill an engine and run it, it can push out seals etc due to too much pressure etc that oil still has to go somewhere!.... maybe done some damage?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

any damage to seals etc would cause a visible oil leak on the engine. think he has looked but you never know.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

I did this in my old 19 (overfilled) and it knackered a cam seal I think, that car always hada flippin oil leak all 4 years I owned it.