ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: Anyone that knows about digital cameras

1.8 Civic EX
Ok, so I'm after a new one. One that has good pic quality and can do decent video recording too. I'm looking at spending about £200. I've been told that the Fuji Finpix F10 Zoom is pretty good. anyone got any comments on it? or alternatives?
Cheers

SLK 350
Basic important points:

1. Go for the biggest optical zoom you can afford, and ignore digital zoom, as all this do is blow the centre of the picture and crop.

2. Aim for between 4mp to 6mp, but remember bigger pixel count doesn't always mean better quality photo's. 4mp will print a photo A4 size in perfect clarity.

3. Try and check how wide angled the lense is, will normally state this on the front of the lense itself, wider is better.

Recommendation:

£0-£200 = Kodak Z700
£200-£300 = Fuji F10

Many of the comparison photo's rated the Kodak as having superior pictures certainly in terms of foreground detail to the Fuji - despite the Kodak being 4mp compared to the Fuji's 6mp - also read that the Fuji can be a dog for generating red eye due to the flash position.

1.8 Civic EX
cheers. went and had a look at the fuji f10 yesterday. pretty impressive peice of kit. anyone got any other comments on it? video quality? etc.....

1.8 Civic EX
well comparing the canon with the fuji at a quick glance there isn't any difference in thier video speeds/rates.Cheers guys. any more opinions would be great.