ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Any Young 182 Owners

Maz

LY 200
Really need some help for someone who has just found out they are not insure on the 182 they have been driving for the last month :mad: long story

Anyway he is 22 only passed his test 2 months ago so no no-calims!!

If you are 22 or younger, where are you insured and how much do you pay please ??

LY V6 with Recaros
I was 22 when I got my 182, but I had been driving for longer. Admiral and Elephant insured me for a reasonable price. I also found out I was driving uninsured, after a week (insurance company c0ck up :mad: )

Engles Mummy
I was paying £2500 on Adrian Flux with 1 year no claim

Now I pay much less on Fleet Insurance

Adam

Vectra :(
How much is he expecting to pay maz?

I wouldnt think he would get a quote under 2k tbh

Could he not make a fuss to the insurance company that messed him about and get them to insure it and also knock a bit off for inconvience (i doubt it tho :S)

Also he should get somebody on the policy as a named driver, someone who has been driving a while and had no accidents...might help

Maz said:
Not 2k lol

Hopefully by that you mean more then lol otherwise he will probably find it hard.

I was paying £1300 with elephant with 1 year NCB at 25 and driving 6 years. That was the cheapest

However this year at 26 with 2 years NCB i got it for £580 with churchill :)

R.I.P 182
i did a quote, im 19, one years NCB,

£2108.31

for the privilage of being a 182 owner. lol. maybe when im 21 ;)

edit - with elephant btw

DC5
Elephant, greenlight or directline i think will be the best bet though. But having only been driving 2 months I wouldn't be surprised to see the 2k mark come up.

Maz

LY 200
He thought he was insured as a named driver with his mum as the policy holder but when they didn't get the docs int he post they phoned and they said oh we can't insure you cause your not 25, he was like WTF

He can't afford to pay more than £1k for insurance, will have to sell the car of thats the case :(

Maz said:
He thought he was insured as a named driver with his mum as the policy holder but when they didn't get the docs int he post they phoned and they said oh we can't insure you cause your not 25, he was like WTF

He can't afford to pay more than £1k for insurance, will have to sell the car of thats the case :(

I really doubt he will get insurance for less than a grand hun, £1500 would be a bargain for him imo. Gutting i know but insurance has just gone up for young / unexperienced drivers also so that wont help his case

Clio 172 mk2
Yeah...I think if he's just passed your looking more at 2k

I personally reckon that's a bit of a waste of money..better off getting a 1.2 or something for a year or two to build up the no claims

Maz

LY 200
Lam7r said:
I really doubt he will get insurance for less than a grand hun, £1500 would be a bargain for him imo. Gutting i know but insurance has just gone up for young / unexperienced drivers also so that wont help his case

Even with his mum as the policy holder and him as a named driver ??

Maz said:
Even with his mum as the policy holder and him as a named driver ??

Hmmm well thats a bit naughty and by doing this he is never going to get any NCB built up so will always be in the same situation so would be false economy (oh and insurance fraud :quiet: )

He very well might be abole to get it for closer to a £1000 if it his mums policy. I thought you ment his own policy. Just a case of ringing round insurance companies and finding one that doesnt insist on unexperienced drivers being over 25.

Maz

LY 200
Yeah I did mean a policy for him so he could build up his NCB, the latter was just an alterntive suggestion ahh well he needs to decide if he wants to keep the car and pay the money or sell up and start at the bottom like everyone else I guess :)

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
If the policy is in his mothers name and he is only named driver, then his insurance is void as she is not the owner and registered keeper of the vehicle. I'm with privilege, 5 yrs no claims, but I have 9 points and 2 fault claims in the last 3 years. I'm paying about £1000.

Maz

LY 200
Direct line were who the problem were with

MCG - How can it be void if he is only a named driver ??

ST
Maz said:

How can it be void if he is only a named driver ??

If your a named driver on a policy they can look into it very closely.

For example his dad has a VW passat as his usual car but all of a sudden his 22 year old son has passed his test and they have suddenly bought a 182 and insured him on it.....hmm..

as someones said, he'd have to give the car to his mum so it's in her name, then she could insure him as a named driver, but as already said, he'd build up no no claims and it'd still be a fortune.

Alternatively, get a quote in his name and stick his mum on it and any females he can find, tends to bring down the premium a bit.

Failing that, i'll be in the market for a 182 in 6-8 months or so all being well, so tell him to garage it, sorn it and buy a 1.2, then i'll take it off his hands;)

oh by the way, I was paying £800ish with 0 ncb @ 21 on a 172, but then I live in the sticks..

Maz

LY 200
Alan - Ah kk well they said he aint insured now anyway as a named driver as he is under 25

Giles ???

Maz said:

MCG - How can it be void if he is only a named driver ??
also if he is the vehicle keeper he has to be the policy holder, there wise to all the tricks now!