ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO; any ice experts!!

hi there, im having a bit of a problem with my ice system, after recently had an alarm fitted my big amplifier (600w max) is shutting down when turned up to high volumes. my other two amps (300 w max each) still work fine though, just wondereing that if when alarm was fitted drained more power from battery and therefore, when turned up, amp has none left?? would a power cap and/or uprated battery help this?? cheers

Try an uprated battery. With 3 amps you could do with having a larger one anyway..especially if you listen to the system loud a lot of the time.

Russ

i thought it could be going in to protection, but all connections seem to be good anyways.

Something really weird just happened, my car wouldnt start at all, and none of the amps were working, so i disconnected the power cable from the battery and it started perfectly!! whats going on?? would a power cap help?? cheers

evil ice, how much do you charge for an uprated battery?? this might sound really stupid but does it use existing cable connections etc??, cheers

has it only been doing it since you have had ur alarm installed?

does it only do it after long periods of playing time?

a power cap is probably no good, what sort of battery do u have?

add up all of the fuse ratings on your amp, what does it come to? then check the rating of your alternator, what is this?

it sounds like your big amp (im guessing its running subs of some sort) is shutting down due to lack of power, the other two smaller amp (im guessing running speakers of some sort) are not draining as much power so are still running fine.

HTH

Ad

We dont normally sell normal batteries. We only do the Optima series which are over £140. You can get hold of a larger battery from a local shop quite cheaply..It will use the normal connections.

Its strange whats happened to you. It must have something to do with when the alarm was fitted if it has only just started giving you problems..I would have to look at it to give you a definate diagnosis unfortunately...You could always take it back to the place that fitted your alarm to see if they can check it out.

A power cap wont help you at all. They arent really much use for any system really.

ok guys, cheers for all your help, i might go down to the local car accesery shop to see if they can offer a more powerful one, just dont want to splash out on £100 + if thats not the problem, cheers guys