ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any Ideas On Installing ICE

BLG

Clio mk2 ph2
Im 17 just got a Clio mk2 Phase2 billabong, basically i been looking around for someone to install my ICE..

i have:
Kenwood kvt729 DVD headunit
Rockford Fosgate T152S components
15" Kicker Solobaric Sub
Rockford Fosgate P5002 Amp, Bridged to power Sub
soundstream Ref 300 Amp, to power components

i have been to a few different places to get quotes and they have been telling me different things..

one place says i need a diesel alternator as they are more powerful, another says i need a power cap and another says i need a optimum battery.

another place has told me i dont need nothing at all? ..

any advice on what i should be getting so that my headlights dont dim and my battery dont go flat.

Thanks BLG

Well you won't need a Power Cap, or an uprated battery, OR an uprated alternator in my opinion!

As long as you're not sitting there parked up for hours with it cranked up, you shouldn't need to upgrade anything really.

Perhaps TB3 (The Big Three - i.e. the main power cables in the engine bay) but that's about it I would have thought.

I'm sure someone will come along and correct me now though lol :p

Polo + Micra
i'd get it all installed and uprate the earth from the battery - terminal to the car as it is only 8awg.

then if you do get problems uprate the cable from your alt to battery and the other one of the big three that i cant remember for the life of me lol.

then if you are still getting problems then get an uprated battery (higher Ah and CCA)

Mk2 Clio dci
i have a dvd headunit, component speakers and rears running off an amp, and 2 12" subs running off a v12 and i havent needed anything upgrading at all. All i needed was decent wires, and a distrubtion block so i only had to run one live from the front, which then goes to both amps.

BLG

Clio mk2 ph2
ok thanks alot, ill get it all put in then see if anything does need upgrading.

thanks alot

BLG