ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Android Programmers/Developers (and anyone else reallY!)... Help/Advise!

Racing Blue 182
Basically, I have an idea for an app (or maybe the OS) that I would like to make come to life! I have been told to go towards Android as the OS software is open sourced apparently.

After a couple of hours of learning the basics of creating apps, I could create one, but my idea involves manipulating the OS and I have no idea how to do that!

My question is, if I want to pay someone to do this for me how much would I be looking at? Obviously I know you'll struggle to guess as you don't know what it is or how long it will take! But will it be mega expensive do we think?

Also, what would I get from them, would I just get a file that is basically the app, and then go through the necessaries to get it on the app store?

Any help/advise would be brilliant! I can have a think about what comes next but I just don't know where to start with getting it created!

Thanks all.

Racing Blue 182
If it manipulated the O/S the chances of it getting accepted on the store are slim to none I expect.
Thanks for your reply, see I don't know whether it would or not yet! This is why I would need help from someone who knows what they are doing! I'm not sure how accessible certain features are etc. as I don't know anything about this kind of thing!

Clio 182
Have a look for people online that offer this service, get them to sign a non disclosure agreement and what not and talk it through with them? Its not going to be an easy question to answer for anyone with the knowledge not knowing what it is you are after exactly.

Racing Blue 182
Have a look for people online that offer this service, get them to sign a non disclosure agreement and what not and talk it through with them? Its not going to be an easy question to answer for anyone with the knowledge not knowing what it is you are after exactly.
OK, I will have to have a look! That's the problem I'm having as I really need help to sort it out, but I don't want to let out what my idea is just in case someone beats me to it and it goes big, coz then I won't be happy haha!

Are there any specific companies or anything that provide this service? Or is it best to just go with someone privately?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I'd be willing to bet whatever it is it's already been done.

Racing Blue 182
I'd be willing to bet whatever it is it's already been done.
Yeah potentially, but I haven't managed to have a thorough look yet. From what I already know/quickly searched for, it doesn't look like it has so you never know! Haha!

Are we talking 4 figures for some outsourced app development?

M135i
If you want it done by someone decent in this country is will be pricey, as an idea I got an email this morning for a contract job doing ios and android work paying 400/day, this will obviously be the sub contract cost - the client will be paying a fair bit more than that.

Take a look on freelance websites such as elance.com there's lots of companies on there in cheap labour countries like India that do work for a hell of a lot less. When I was looking for some jobs on there I was way undercut by cheaper countries. Most jobs requiring a few days work go for $50-$100 :S Its a buyers market on there for sure..

HTH

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Well, how/why does it "manipulate the OS" ??

​If you can tell us that without giving away the application idea then we may be able to help further.

Racing Blue 182
Well, how/why does it "manipulate the OS" ??

​If you can tell us that without giving away the application idea then we may be able to help further.

I don't know if it will tbh! I really don't know anything about this sort of thing! But the app will need to access the security features i.e. unlock codes and the user must be able to create them! Also, does anyone know if android has any restrictions function like iOS does?

Racing Blue 182
Hang on, so you want the application to be able to VIEW security codes?!

Noooo! Sorry I know I'm useless at explaining things! So when you are on your phone and you set a security code, and it locks the phone! Basically, part of the app will allow users to set security codes etc. if you get what I mean? Its hard to describe as I don't know how these things work!

I don't think he knows and he's not going to tell you what the app does so I can't see this thread going any further. There are loads of companies who will do it. You a looking at a few grand minimum.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
So basically, you want to create an app that locks the phone with a pin code?

ummm....

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
This thread not much sense makes I'm afraid. :S Are you looking to lock the phone remotely? So you can send a unique code to lock your handset (from another handset) if you misplace it?!?!?! I'm just failing to see why you would need the facility to lock the phone from an app you are using on your phone when you could easily use the built-in security features of the phone... I must be missing something here! LOL! :D

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Are we talking 4 figures for some outsourced app development?

Certainly would NOT be 4 figures if I wrote the software for you judging by how poor the requirements are likely to be coming from you going by this thread, lol

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Certainly would NOT be 4 figures if I wrote the software for you judging by how poor the requirements are likely to be coming from you going by this thread, lol

Quite a few years back I quoted a company around ~40k for a couple days work only because I didn't really want to do.

They still went ahead! Took me a couple of days....my boss was thrilled!