ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO all youi Disc Jockeys

I have been using my 1210's for the past 2 years, playing mainly funky/electro house, no problem with them what so ever, they are the shizzle as everyone knows.

BUT recently I have noticed the cost of buying vinyl is putting me off keeping up to date with all the latest releases, so the Pioneer range of CD decks has caught my eye.

To cut a long story short, I am considering buying 1 Pioneer for use in my house, CDJ800. But when you play out places tend to have the CDJ1000. If you learn on a CDJ800, is the CDJ1000 more or less the same? I just cant justify spending the extra on the 1000, but will me buying an 800 mean I wont be able to use a 1000 if I play out ?

Bit of a waffle but i think you get the jist !!

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
i think they are pretty much the same mate just less scope to create loops/effects etc....

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Just dont by the technics CD decks.

CRAP.

Denon all the way.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
my bro's now only users 1 1210 and CDJ1000

he swears by the CDJ but i doubt he'd ever stop using vinyl completely

None
I just use mp3's on a pc. Much cheaper buying mp3's its just finding those hard to find tracks that everyone likes

MP3's certainly not, I never used to think CD's was proper mixing, but was given a quick intro on Saturday night by my mate whilst he was playing out, and it gives a whole new level to mixing.

Better than yours. C*nt.
I like my 1000s, and from messing with my mate's set of 800s I can say if you learnt on 800s it's the same as going from your 1.2 Clio you learnt in to the RS you bought a few years later - you just get more toys. If you learnt on the 1000s though and can use all of the features on there you will miss them if you use the 800s.

I still like vinyl, I got most of my French House collection on vinyl!