ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO 172 Cup Owners

S2000
Just a quick question for those of you with 172 cups. Could you tell me what revs your rev counter shows when you are doing the following:

70 MPH in 5th Gear
60 MPH in 3rd Gear

If possible if anyone could do this using GPS for the speeds that would be great. I've got a 172 cup box in the hybrid but think my rev counter is a little out so just want to check what you guys are getting and to see if it matches up with what I'm getting.

Cheers.

S2000
Cheers, has anyone got any idea what theirs does in reality? I just checked mine and 70mph (or about 73 on speedo as I didn't have my GPS) was about 3800RPM which is quite a bit out from those above, will check 3rd @ 60mph later.

Btw, where abouts in edinburgh are you based mate?

ValverInBits
if the ratios really bother you, you can fit a 172Ph1 box which is longer (4th tops at 120mph iirc)

S2000
if the ratios really bother you, you can fit a 172Ph1 box which is longer (4th tops at 120mph iirc)

Its not the ratios that bother me, its just that I think my rev counter may be a bit innacurate so I wanted to check what the correct revs for each speed were so I could compare them with the readings I'm getting from the rev counter.