ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fancy plates

Looking to get a set of plates from fancyplates as mentioned on the forum
Just wondering if the 3/4 front plate (520x84mm iirc) would have the eu code or if it is only meant for show purposes?
Thanks

Thanks, just wondering as well, if I did get the standard rear plate and 3/4 front would the rear carry the eu code
Just thinking I might risk it as I think the 3/4 looks much cleaner in the recess and if I get any hassle I'll just get a standard front plate made later on

You'd have to select 'standard UK reg plate' for the back then the custom one for the front but yes. I wouldn't worry too much though as both mine are plain and I've never had any issues. Mention in the comments box you want all the legals on the rear one just so they don't get mixed up :)

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
ive had my 3/4 on the front for a while now. Had no issues.
I keep my full size one in the boot in the hope to use it as an excuse that I have been to a show and forgot to swap it back :p

I am trying to use the fancy plates website and can't get a road legal font on their show plate configurator but can't get a 3/4 front when using the legal font. Annoying.

BG 182
I am trying to use the fancy plates website and can't get a road legal font on their show plate configurator but can't get a 3/4 front when using the legal font. Annoying.
on the drop down menu for fonts is standard UK not an option? should be down at the bottom

Anyone got any idea how long they usually take to arrive? They took payment on the 23rd so I expected them by now even with the Christmas break
If they don't come tomorrow I'll give them a ring in the new year

Haha hands of a surgeon I'll need
Gonna stick them on, I think the plates come with tape, but not sure how good it is so I might buy some aswell just to be safe

After ordering my plate on the 22nd and the money coming out on the 23rd I'm still without my plates
Does anyone have a number for them other than the one on their website as there seems to be no answer when I ring, I'm happy to wait so long as I know they're on the way
Thanks

Is there anywhere else that does 3/4 plates as Fancy Plates seem to be a little expensive compared to others but I can't find 84mm height anywhere else.

BG 182
Is there anywhere else that does 3/4 plates as Fancy Plates seem to be a little expensive compared to others but I can't find 84mm height anywhere else.
I just had a look buddy but couldnt find anything, would have thought it would be easy to get the size you wanted

Golf Gti edition 30
I ordered a set of plates from them on sun 21st dec and they had arrived on tue 23rd dec.

Was really impressed with how quick they were.

Could be worth emailing or keep trying their phone number. It could be a backlog as they may have had some time off over Christmas and new year.

I've emailed them and also tried ringing but with no reply, I'll try again tomorrow
Hopefully they've just been closed over Christmas and they're on the way just caught in a backlog

BG 182
just wondering if you've heard anything back about your plates, i've been ringing everyday with no answer and also emailed with no reply
I've heard nothing either, I emailed to see if they could change the delivery address as it took ages and im now back up in uni. how long did they say it should be?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
yeah, they are not the best for contacting but they do deal with the orders. Must be pretty busy all the time I guess.