ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

False floor/boot build photos and couple of clean pics

RB 182 + Cup pack
Stripped the 182 out finally and i wasn't really a fan of the bare metal look so i decided to make a false floor to try and neaten it up a little. Took it for a clean and got a couple of photos, I'm still 50/50 on weather i like it.

36f5d27218f0dcee64f30ef3f7f6dd76_zpsc09ff8c2.jpg

13450fa7f5cdf7bd30a05e58c90de390_zpsa44bbfc4.jpg

16e8a584956199a82afd37ec453baa8c_zps95eb3092.jpg

d33f2fc3d3f6cf934d166888c27e921a_zps0f77cd29.jpg

and one a found from a few week back that i forgot about

7ddeff0d2b39ae93bd23041a66072a92_zpscf2fe7d5.jpg

180.5 bhp 172
Really like the interior, but that number plate ruins the look of the car not being on the bumper!
Very 'McDonalds car park on a Friday night'.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Scratched the bumper already? Looks nice but I'm not a fan of the black cup wheels or front bumper either, although it may look better with a splitter and the bumper cutouts replaced.

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Looks good I think.
But if you've got black wheels. Those tires have got to be black too. Not brown

RB 182 + Cup pack
Really like the interior, but that number plate ruins the look of the car not being on the bumper!
Very 'McDonalds car park on a Friday night'.

Number plates off cause bumpers being fixed.

Scratched the bumper already?

unfortunately a rock fell off the rockery which runs along side my drive and as i pulled on one night it came in contact with my bumper, shame cause iv just had the car resprayed.

That looks great!! Im doing this very soon!

Thanks alot, im starting to warm to it now.

Looks good i think.
But if you've got black wheels. Those tires have got to be black too. Not brown

Ye very true, as you can see it got dark and late and tbh i was freezing lol

Vectra
Number plates off cause its getting fixed? You've smoothed the plate recess so you can only have it on the dash or zip tied on the lower grill which looks just as bad? I do like the car though.

Last edited:
  RB 182 + Cup pack
Number plates off cause its getting fixed? You've smoothed the plate recess so you can only have it on the dash or zip tied on the lower grill which looks just as bad? I do like the car though.

It was just on with a couple of sticky pads, not the best i no but its hardly ever driven, only done 3k since last jan, i work abroad and have a company car so you know. I did have it off for some time but after everyone on here said it basically looks s**t last time i uploaded a photo i thought it must just be me who likes it and stuck the plate on. But ye its off now as i wanted to show the bodyshop there is a crack where filling was done which you can just see, believe this has happened when the rock got stuck under my bumper and pulled and bent my bumper

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I can see me having to do something similar to my interior to stop my ear ache. Not from the car, just my wife hates the look of a stripped out car!

172/1.2/E30
Boot floor looks alright. Not a fan of "stripped" out rears and standard front seats though. Looks wrong to me.

Renault Clio MK4 RS

Howcome you have said it looks bad but in your picture you have a clio with a number plate on the dash?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Wouldn't say it needs a guide really, very very basic joinery and upholstery skills really. Cut the wood to the right shape, cover with fabric of choice, done.

Yeah, I dont know how to put it, not really a guide more of an them showing me what stuff to use, Like i can imagine getting a wooden plank and it will make a heap of noise, just want to see what products they used to get it looking so nice

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
anyone going to post a guide?
Im going to do it but i have a feeling it wont look nothing like these haha

I had a large square of foam that i put it, cut around so it was the right size, then put the foam on top of the wood and cut the wood.

I then cut the wood into 3 parts to get it in and out easier.

I managed to get some sound deadening carpet and just used spray glue to glue it on, then stuck the foam templete under the floor to stop it ratteling about!

RB 182 + Cup pack
anyone going to post a guide?
Im going to do it but i have a feeling it wont look nothing like these haha

It was fairly easy pal took about 4 hours. Obvs remove the seats and everything else, then I just took the boot carpet out laid it down on some MDF from B&Q drew round it and then cut it out. Then the other part was just a rectangle, I got the carpet off eBay for 16 pound really good nice colour and thick. Stapled it down and glued it, the just stood it off the floor by about 60mm with some legs made out of the left over MDF