ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 4

Clio 1.2 16v
Deacon was good for me until he turned on me for shooting him by accident, Blew me to bits with a fat man and it quicksaved just as he shot me with it so I went through a re spawn die situation for about 20 minutes

DCi
there are some companions i've not even met yet apparently.

i had valentine for ages and i've swapped for piper just because i was bored.

Golf R/Leon FR
I've only used Dogmeat, Codsworth and Strong. Have used Codsworth mostly but may try McCready next.
As for bobbypins I have 160 odd, it's very easy to lock pick you just have to be gentle.

Suzuki Jimny
This game is great I have decided.

Love walking around and then all of a sudden you're hit with a task by someone :)

Golf R/Leon FR
Level 35 now and 78 hours in. Currently doing Railroad missions. How many Mila missions are there? Getting bored of them now, I think I've done 6/7?

Cayman S Edition 1
Level 35 now and 78 hours in. Currently doing Railroad missions. How many Mila missions are there? Getting bored of them now, I think I've done 6/7?
From memory there's probably 8. Agree it does get a bit boring.

Listerine & Poledo
The workshop stats on PS4 are dumb as ditchwater.
For no reason a place will report zero water and food, or 17 settlers.
Get there, all fine.

Still struggling with happiness issues (not mine, theirs.....OK, maybe both). There's only so many rugs and pictures you can fit in.
EDIT: Bloody BOS, they can bugger off. Keep flyin around in their choppers, botherin my brahmin

Cayman S Edition 1
The workshop stats on PS4 are dumb as ditchwater.
For no reason a place will report zero water and food, or 17 settlers.
Get there, all fine.

Still struggling with happiness issues (not mine, theirs.....OK, maybe both). There's only so many rugs and pictures you can fit in.
EDIT: Bloody BOS, they can bugger off. Keep flyin around in their choppers, botherin my brahmin
Apparently you need to set up loads of level 3 stores for the settlers which increases their happiness. I'm slowly doing this, but boy its expensive. Its recommended to have lots of the Medic stores as well.

Listerine & Poledo
Apparently you need to set up loads of level 3 stores for the settlers which increases their happiness. I'm slowly doing this, but boy its expensive. Its recommended to have lots of the Medic stores as well.
I'd rather not pour perks into Cap Collector, but fair enough, I'll give that a go.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Auto weapons are much harder to use than rifle/single shots. No skill involved using vats and a sniper.

Listerine & Poledo
Sitting 3/4 of a mile away from your prey, dropping them with a suppressed .50 cal is the stuff of military heroism.
I only use VATS to find targets and for short-range panic fire with the Trapsport.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
True however it does get a bit boring! Sometimes I like to just run in like a rabid dog and go for it. Automatic shotgun is usually the weapon of choice

Cayman S Edition 1
True however it does get a bit boring! Sometimes I like to just run in like a rabid dog and go for it. Automatic shotgun is usually the weapon of choice
I have this exploding shell machine gun which is great for almost anything. Can't remember where I found it though.

Listerine & Poledo
I suppose I've yet to find a whole load of things, being just lvl 29 a lot of things wont spawn into the steamer trunks.

One awesome thing I've found though. Every time I go to Revere Beach the place has fully reset, so it's the perfect place to test out new weapons, then milk the steamer chests for the 9th time.

Same with the Corvega.

I got this for Christmas, and I've never played Fallout before. Any tips on what to do? Or best to do?

So far I've found a few robotic/armor suits that I've used until they've run out of power (think I need Fusion Cores?), and I've failed at building anything on the workstations/benches I've found.

I've done a few missions, killed some insects/zombie looking people. Lvl 9 iirc.

I got this for Christmas, and I've never played Fallout before. Any tips on what to do? Or best to do?

So far I've found a few robotic/armor suits that I've used until they've run out of power (think I need Fusion Cores?), and I've failed at building anything on the workstations/benches I've found.

I've done a few missions, killed some insects/zombie looking people. Lvl 9 iirc.

I was in the same boat a few weeks back. Just stick with it, do side missions and get the hang of gameplay. Collect EVERYTHING. Especially random bits of crap, then transfer it all to your base and do it all over.

I'd suggest getting the relevant perks for what weapon you tend to use most (pistols or rifles etc) as you can get 20/40% extra damage. Also use a melee weapon when just killing easy opponents as it's a waste of ammo otherwise.

I'd also suggest looting food to eat for health, and cooking it when possible, rather than relying on stimpaks. Build a water pump at your base or just sleep when you go back to base to recover health.

Listerine & Poledo
There is no "best practice" in Fallout. That's one of the great things about it.

Provided you've sussed out the controls, just aimlessly wander the landscape, eventually you'll start actually achieving things.....

...then you'll start getting into armour/guns/settlements/questlines.

Much like a fart after a long night of curry and Tiger ale....don't force it.

Inferno 225 cup

I'm in the exact same boat.

I've just reached diamond city, done loads of little side mission, I'm now part of the recon team.

As for building, I haven't got a f**king clue, placed a generator and a switch then it says build something electric???

Love my sniper rifles :) oh and if you collect to much it dogmeat to save to speed you up.

340i
I'm in the exact same boat.

I've just reached diamond city, done loads of little side mission, I'm now part of the recon team.

As for building, I haven't got a f**king clue, placed a generator and a switch then it says build something electric???

Love my sniper rifles :smile: oh and if you collect to much it dogmeat to save to speed you up.

ahh you got the game, awesome isn't it! :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I find the 10mm pistol, now I've modded it a beast of a weapon.

By sniper rifles do you mean modded normal rifles? Or is there dedicated sniper rifles?

By sniper rifles do you mean modded normal rifles? Or is there dedicated sniper rifles?

Me too. I managed to loot a max spec one somehow which has been my go to weapon for a while now.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
What sort of damage is the top spec 10mm? I'm using either my overseers guardian or laser rifle that's pretty handy at the moment. Got so much ammo for pipe guns but I just never use it

340i

My 10mm pistol is maxed out on all mods, with a silencer.

Easily my most used weapon :)

Cayman S Edition 1
Legendary creatures will drop different weapons / armour each time you visit them. It's a great way to farm for new kit.

Listerine & Poledo
What sort of damage is the top spec 10mm? I'm using either my overseers guardian or laser rifle that's pretty handy at the moment. Got so much ammo for pipe guns but I just never use it
It's perk-dependant really.
My semi-auto 10mm does 32 damage with all top parts, but if you sink perks into...whichever the pistol one is, it'll go up.
By comparison, my side-by-side shotgun is 124 damage... but about 3 feet of range.