ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Failed MOT on something that was missed/not fitted in production?

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Quick someone tell him before he's charged for it.Cheeky t***s willing to pay half towards it too.The nerve of this is un-real

ian

'14 Touareg, '14 GTi
jon_r said:
See the buyers guide in this months Evo mag, its mentioned in there as well. :D

What does it say? Im the owner of the car in question.
If I can get to the bottom of it now, that would be great!

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
1. Go to newsagents and buy current EVO mag. Theres a big feature in it.
2. Go to local Renault dealership.

Mission accomplished.

Ps. And it says when I wrote in the first reply...

'14 Touareg, '14 GTi
There saying the MOT is set by the government and they test the vehicle around the requirements

'14 Touareg, '14 GTi
CupCake said:
1. Go to newsagents and buy current EVO mag. Theres a big feature in it.
2. Go to local Renault dealership.

Mission accomplished.

Ps. And it says when I wrote in the first reply...

Its renault that failed the car! this is a nightmare.
I will stop at tescos this evening and pick up a copy

One with a few more
They Never fitted the part. It is up to them to cover whole cost. If they do not agree, get straight down to citizens advice bureau and contact someone if you need to take it further. If it were me I'd be asking for them to pay for MOT seocnd time too

172 Cup
Renault don't cary out MOT tests so I can't see how "Its renault that failed the car!"

As people have stated it's not fitted in the first place as it's not required.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
^^ Itl be a Renault Dealership im assuming he meant that did the MOT test?

Even then, they should be up-to-date on the info !!

'14 Touareg, '14 GTi
seward renault in portsmouth failed the cars MOT. I have now bought the copy of EVO with the article and note about the rear brakes. I have to be onto a winner here?

Nicksie

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 CUP
there is a Technical note out from Renault that my brother had and we gave to the MOT guy and it passed with flying colours. the part in question is to adjust the levels of fluid going to the brakes when you are carrying light or heavy loads! and NO Cups have them fitted.

'14 Touareg, '14 GTi
Cupkid said:
there is a Technical note out from Renault that my brother had and we gave to the MOT guy and it passed with flying colours. the part in question is to adjust the levels of fluid going to the brakes when you are carrying light or heavy loads! and NO Cups have them fitted.

To quote the EVO article:
' The rear brakes do little work and its worth noting that the cup does not have a bias adjuster because of the omission (lack of) of the ABS system. Some owners have seen their Cups fail MOT's because the test centre has diagnosed rear brake failure'.

In the bag surely? lol

Lionel Richie
i've posted, it makes you think how many cup owners out there are oblivious to the problem and actually pay the bill?

Volvo S60 T5
If its not fitted it cant be tested simple as.
The said dealer should be perfectly aware of how a standard Cup comes.
Come see me for your service/repair/mot as your pretty local to me.

cheers

Mike

'14 Touareg, '14 GTi
Mike@Rentech said:
If its not fitted it cant be tested simple as.
The said dealer should be perfectly aware of how a standard Cup comes.
Come see me for your service/repair/mot as your pretty local to me.

cheers

Mike

Appreciated Mike. Thanks for that. The CUP is at the dealership now. Im awaiting a call back from Renault UK.