ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Factory Fitted Tyres About To Be Removed!

Well, I was a little taken back by this..

Two of the PES's on my Clio are getting to the limit so going to have them replaced before winter really sets in.

Took them to my usual tyre guy and he informed me they haven't done bad for an 8 year old set of tyres. "%$&£ off!" was my reply... Then he proceeded to show me that they were made week 52 of 2003. I automatically assumed when I bought the car that they would have been replaced at least once in its life, especially considering it is an RS Clio.

Due to this I have decided to replace all 4 as one that still has about 4mm of tread left is developing hairline cracks. The spare was checked and the PES on that is still in very good order so that can stay so I'm told.

Going for the Hankook Ventus V12 K110's which I was initially excited about, but after reading a few reviews I'm concerned about wear rates and wet weather performance.

Anyway, this Monday it goes for the Hankooks. I pray we have no snow before then.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Lols.

EDIT: What? Where is your spare wheel???

[video=youtube_share;WilKzu7NasI]http://youtu.be/WilKzu7NasI[/video]

I put Hankooks on my car after reading good reviews about them.

Absolutely fantastic tyre in the dry and they are still relatively good in the wet. Wear rate is the only big worry with them though. I've been through 3 sets of front tyres in a year and 8 months, although one set was due to bulges appearing after hitting a big pothole at high speed.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Will be like my 182, I sold it with 2 of the original tyres on, they'd just been in the shed for ages while I'd had other wheels on it.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Will be like my 182, I sold it with 2 of the original tyres on, they'd just been in the shed for ages while I'd had other wheels on it.

This. You could of bought it and the previous owner took his alloys off and lobbed them ones back on so they where never used.