ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

face lift

just wondering if 1990-1996 clio headlights, bonnet and bumper wuld fit onto a 1998 clio as i would like a williams bonnet and sum angel eyes but no one makes any for a 1998 clio so was wonderig if i could swap these parts?

well the angel eyes are £210 which is way too expensive and no one makes a cf bonnet or a williams style bonnet because they are all 1990-96 arnt they? correct me if a am wrong but i thought that all williams bonnets wer made for the square headlighted clio and not the mk1 phase 2 which has slightly rounded headlights

thanks for your help but the bonnets are only for the older mk1 phase 1 clios while i have a phase 2 clio. i will just buy the williams vent and filler it onto my bonnet even though that is the chavvy option. i like those angel eyes but i have other more important items on my goodies list for now until i have saved up the money because a student budget isnt too big

Trophy #473
mk2 clio body parts wont fit a mk1 (unless u go custom) So you answer is no, they wont fit. sorry. Or do you mean you have a mk1 phase 3 clio?

nathan

i work at a salvage yard and can get the parts for free (bumper, bonnet, front wings if needed, headlights even though i will change them and grill) and thats why i started thinking about it becuase i think it would look cool but oh well i always thought it was the phase 2 but it must be a phase 3 then. it is the renault clio from 1996-1998 with the rounder headlights not the square mk1 headlights but thanks anyways

Trophy #473
does it look like this:

010100641.jpg

or this

010100651.jpg

av got the phase 3 one then which is the first one in the pictures.

sorry to change subject but are the side bumper things runnin down the lenght of the door and rear panel easy to remove to make it look smoother?

Last edited:
  clio mk1
i know somone who put a ph2 bumper on a ph3 an it fit but not very well around the lights, i dont know this but cos the lights ar not the same would u have to change the wings as well.

yeh thats what i am thinking that i will have to change the lights, bonnet because the headlights are squarer on ph2's and then wings to get them to fit upto the lights but then i would need a respray and thats money i dont have