ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fabia Front splitter...

PH.2 'berg 172
I have just purchased the fabia front splitter for £12, seems like a good deal after doing my research on here, I could go through ten or so for the price of a Renault or KTR one. :rasp:

I am planning to spray my grilles, & fog lights surrounds gloss black to smarten up the front end.

But my question is... if i spray my front splitter to match the other parts, then fit it, would the primer, paint and lacquer crack/split ruining it etc ??

Anybody on here had any experience of this?

Cheers Josh!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
What colour are you planning to paint it? In all honesty, i would just leave it.

It is likley it would crack as it has to be bend to shape the front bumper!

go to a paint/bodyshop suppliers and buy a can of plasticizor, do 2 light coats of it then spray on your primer then black, the plasticizor bites into the plastic and gives a good base for primer and paint, its also known as plastic promotor