ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F7* Big End Bearings

A

ashy_gtt

Does anyone have a part number for big end bearing for an F7P/F7R engine?

I'm after a tagged set and the F4R bearings I've used in the past are plain as below.

Thanks Ashy.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Renault only supply f4 bearings now they don't supply the tagged f7 anymore as the f4 are used

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
Seems a bit expensive, this is the part nr for acl's: AB 4B7820H 000 Cost €80 in NL so must be gotten cheaper....Federal mogul suplies tagged bearings however i don't know the part nr as i binned te boxes...

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
well if i had heard it right his spun a bearing so hence choosing bearings incl tab now ;)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
well if i had heard it right his spun a bearing so hence choosing bearings incl tab now ;)

only reason it will do that is a failing oil pump, or incorrectly torqued rod bolts. I would go with the oil pump option myself.

If there's enough journal contact to spin a bearing, a tab isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference. Also once a rod has had a bearing spin, it's usually scrap

Trophy Turbo :)
I agree with Dan, some thing internally has caused a bearing to spinn, and even with a tagged bearing would have also happened, look at Subarus there tagged and spin bearing for fun!

Im use it wont be a Mechanic error from Ashy hes a top engineer. i think it may be the fact his is stupid BHP ;) Ashy hope your using top oil and not soem stuff from Pages LOL

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Tabs make no difference, it might spin 2 milliseconds later or something, but it will still spin.

A

ashy_gtt

only reason it will do that is a failing oil pump, or incorrectly torqued rod bolts. I would go with the oil pump option myself.

If there's enough journal contact to spin a bearing, a tab isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference. Also once a rod has had a bearing spin, it's usually scrap

Yes it was a partialy blocked strainer on the oil pump. I will be checking the rod once its out to see if its useable.

Thanks for the help chaps.

A

ashy_gtt

There has been a slight color change in the rod that spun the shell. However, as forged Rods are manufactured from 4340 Steel and the anealing temperature of that grade it around 800 degC there shouldn't be a problem with the rod reaching 200 - 300degC (gauged from the colour change). As has been said though the rod will be fully inspected and compared to the previous measurements taken to ensure the size and shape is still good.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Is there scoring on the rod from the bearing spinning? If so I would be binning it personally.
If its a quality make like an arrow it will be easy to get a single replacement but if its one of these generic Chinese ones like pec/ed etc sell be careful as the batches vary a lot from what I have seen.