ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1 2009

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I know that it's been done before, but I did this for somone else, so figured why not put everything together in one thread :approve:

Ferrari F60 Monday 12th
ferrarif60_2009f1car_2.jpg

ferrarif60_2009f1car_3.jpg

ferrarif60_2009f1car_1.jpg

ferrarif60_2009f1car_23.jpg

Toyota TF109 Thursday 15th
toyota_tf109_2009f1car_2.jpg

toyota_tf109_2009f1car-9.jpg

toyota_tf109_2009f1car-6.jpg

toyota_tf109_2009f1car-7.jpg

toyota_tf109_2009f1car-8.jpg

McLaren MP4/24 Friday 16th
mclaren_mp2-24_2009f1car-9.jpg

mclaren_mp2-24_2009f1car-8.jpg

Renault R29 Launch - Monday 19th Jan
William's FW31 Launch - Monday 19th Jan
BMW F1.09 Launch - Tuesday 20th Jan
Red Bull-Renault RB5 Launch - Monday 9th Feb

love the mclaren, they all look slightly old skool with the slicks, hopefully things will be more exciting this year....

UR R26
looking forward to seeing the renault f1 car and the bmw.

i remember in the last race of last season, they said bmw were paying more attention to this season rather than trying in the back end of the last.

Mk1 Eunos Roadster
Altogether it's a massive shift. I'm looking forward to this season, I'm expecting some 'shocks' this year under the new system. Force India for their first win, anyone? Hmmm... perhaps not.

A silver Honda
I'm so glad those little 'winglets' have been banned this year.

The cars looks sleek again.

1.2 extreme, now in bits
cant wait to see the KERS system being used to boost past people on the straights. vettel for champ :)

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
i much prefer the looks of 2008 cars, but rule changes are rule changes so i will have to get used to these new style F1 cars.

One interesting thing I read is about the front wings.
They are the width of the front wheels and are more likely to be broken.
Last year a front wing change took less than 20 seconds, this season it will take longer to do as there are mechanisms that go to the front wing to enable it to be changed by the driver so they will either have to make a system that can quickly detach from the rest of the car, or some sort of clever device

-
that ferrari is stunning.

good to see them looking like race cars again rather than a ufo fresh out of the plastic surgery clinic.

Tangoed Works
i think although they look different they do look awesome in an old skool way. its good to see the slicks again and will be interesting to see the KERS being used to boost past people.

Found this today, interesting if very unscientific visualisation of how much all these changes are actually making...

Water Spray with 08 Car

u3bsm0w91.jpg

Water Spray with 09 Car

gu4slusp5.jpg

interesting ukskew, are both 08/09 pics at the same circuit? they certainly look it but not sure

just thinking if its Monza how wet it was, saying that theo testing this year has been torentially bad too!

i for one cannot wait for the season... as always ;)

Focus RS Mk1
2009 will be the best year yet!

KERS will be the main point of focus..those who use it and as to what adantage it gives is still very unknown...although test have shown boosts of up to 80bhp at times for a period of 6.6 seconds its difficult to see how that will be used in a race situation...eg vs another driver etc

imo BMW will be the team on form...although renault will be tough to beat...i dont think Ferrari and Mclaren will have it all thier own way but they will be up thier for sure... bring on March