ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

f**ked alloys.

Yaris Hybrid

Has....anyone else f**ked their alloys up on a curb?

Cant believe how easy those 182 alloys are going to be to curb, the tyres offer no protection what so ever. Might try and buy a spare wheel because no matter how careful I am I just know its only a matter of time...

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

ditto, i just clipped a curb cos i cut a corner to much, the back wheel just lifted up onto the curb a bit and i now have a bloody curbed wheel!!! :mad:

Yaris Hybrid

easy to do especially at night and if its raining and the street lighting aint too good around the curb.

ClioSport 182

I kerbed the passenger side alloy wheel on my 182 a few weeks back and well annoyed. I have never done this on any previous car that I have owned. Guess what ... it was dark!

Anti kerbing mirror???

KnightAzul

Have two wheels for sale if anyone is interested, anthracite 182 alloys, exteriors perfect hub sides are scuffed, pm me for more info.

Dirty E91

Ive got a scuff front passenger alloy, dunno whether its worth getting it fixed or to just buy a new one, think they cost about £130 from renault.

Quote: Originally posted by KnightAzul on 18 October 2004

I kerbed the passenger side alloy wheel on my 182 a few weeks back and well annoyed. I have never done this on any previous car that I have owned. Guess what ... it was dark!

Anti kerbing mirror???

KnightAzul
Just point the passenger mirror down and "in" so that you can see your nearside rear clearly in the mirror.

Quote: Originally posted by homerjay on 18 October 2004
Quote: Originally posted by Toypop on 17 October 2004Has....anyone else f**ked their alloys up on a curb?nope, i can drive...;)[/QUOTE]

ditto! the tyre offers loads of protection for the wheel on a 182. try driving an audi most of their wheels overhang the tyre clever!!!!

Yaris Hybrid

About a third of the way of the wheel on a 182 it does stick out further than the tyre? Below the height of some of the larger curbs infact?

225 & Audi S4

easliy done, did my coming out a carpark,managed to get fixed, at a local garage, cant even see anything, its happened to me twice, know how you feel.:(

What happens when you have Low Profile tyres.

Repairing/Refurbing usually 40-60 on standard, not sure if its Anthracite it might be more, or possible etc.

Mirrror trick is useful, can save you alot of cash :)