ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

eyup cs, be rude not to post a thread

Si_

too many cars!
after looking at clios for circa one year i finally decided i wanted a blue 172 cup. saw one on ebay with three days left and ending on a weekday at 9.03am. so stuck it on my watch list. got to 8am that day and it was only £1020, 9am still the same. thought sod it i`m having it so pulled over whilst driving to work and banged in £1469 max bid, only bloody got it for £1200 so had quite a decent day at work, haha.

basicly it was just short of 80k mileage, 9months test and 5months tax, had receipts for gearbox and dephaser/cambelt, aftermarket exhaust and 182 alloys. when i went to pick it up and sat down in it whilst waiting for the lad to bring v5 out i read through the receipts it had which totalled just under 2k`s worth from last 4months! i actually felt sorry for the kid as he was an apprentice welder with a pregnant girlfriend.

anyhoo, drove it back approx 80miles to york and it felt fine apart from tracking and an extremely bald tyre ( he`d been driving with tracking out to the point the wires were showing from the tyre!!!!). had a good look round it and apart from exhaust, cone filter and wheels it was bog standard and fairly tidy.

2013-05-19171013_zps177a17ca.jpg 2013-05-19170706_zps2c73097b.jpg

now i never really liked the 182 alloys but they kind of grew on me but having the bald tyre and the other front quite low i decided to purchase some yokohama ad08`s, wasn`t going to pay the price for 16`s so got 15". really wanted some turini`s in 15" but not easy to come by so opted for some williams alloys. picked a set for a good price and as i`d heard good things about cas coatings on here took them over to cas for a refurb and colour change.

2013-06-17092959_zps8d0afea1.jpg2013-06-22103729_zps1bed1756.jpg2013-06-22103758_zps3e00a529.jpg

fairly pleased with them but forgot to pick up the centre caps and judging by the customer service at cas doubt i`ll be getting them sent back (will be phoning and asking this so may do though).

2013-06-22104153_zps33045afe.jpg
done about 150miles on the yoko ad08`s and they`re spot on tyre. coped really well in torrential rain and have alot of limit in the dry but don`t give way without warning.

only prob now is that car looks "jacked" with the 15s and they don`t seem to fill the arches aswell as the 16s (obvious maybe), so hopefully by payday cooksport will have some springs left.

2013-06-24194911_zpseb67afa4.jpg

so far i`ve been impressed with the 172. great turn in and decent b-road car, straight line isn`t quite what i`d expected but then the factory map is terrible. already got few electronical niggles to sort out, crappy leccy window switches and central locking not unlocking the drivers door :mad:

172 Cup
Welcome! That actually looks alright on the williams wheels, has it been lowered at all? Looks a little lower than standard...

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Welcome!

Looks well on those alloys, a decent set of lowering springs like the Cooksport or Eibach will give a nice subtle drop

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Great little buy mate even with some niggles! People looking for more for Ph1 172s.

Oh and the willy wheel is a stunning choice, always thought they looked superb on the mk2, suit the car so well. Springs and you'll be more than happy.

How did the alignment look when it was sorted?

Welcome along!

Si_

too many cars!
still not done the tracking yet, waiting till get some cooksport springs then will get it sorted. plus pretty much just using it to ferry the dog couple hundread feet down road to his walk.
will try get a pic up of the tyre, shocking to say the least!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Got it for a bargain tbh and its got under 100k! Cooksport springs are a good shout as well :)