ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

extremely worried ie gearbox starting to wine slightly however still goes into gear?

172 turbo
hi guys just noticed that gearbox making slight wine and getting a bit louder alos when acelerate and come of you can hear the wine how ever the gears are ok at the mo any idea what this could be before putting into k tec etc serious commentw thanks?

172 turbo
Re: extremely worried ie gearbox starting to wine slightly however still goes into ge

I did the oil lasr year u reckon ?

Dodgy one
Re: extremely worried ie gearbox starting to wine slightly however still goes into ge

Might be low on oil

2004 182FF

Is it worse when accelerating around corners?

On mine the PAS pump whines loudly, apparently its due to a restrictive outflow pipe?

172 turbo

check oil how ? gearbox ? and blambert not noticed but have bent pipe as done cup alternator set up but did it over 2 weeks ago this has just happend, can any one reasure me that my gearbox isnt on the way out as still selects gears fine ?

172 turbo

what u reckon

///M135i

mine was whining like f**k on the 182 but still went into gear fine. sounded supercharged lol

mine was whining like f**k on the 182 but still went into gear fine. sounded supercharged lol

mine whines like f**k since iv had it.. been a year now and 25k miles later lol

172 turbo

yeah but i mean the wine in constant and nearly louder than the engine and only just started normal lol ? i dm if no harm is being done u c just paronoid lol?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member

Mine whines, so I go faster and then the sc whine drowns out the gearbox lol

when at a stand still and u put youyr foot on the clutch does it stop? if so its the bearings in the main shaft if it whines why you go then it is proberly going to be the diff bearings it wont affect the change of gear as that is hubs which is connected to selector rods that change between gears the bearing have no affect but if you leave it, it can make the bearings wear so bad the shafts have movement which cause's a tooth to come of the crown whell or pinion increasing the cost by 3x

Megane

Hi just read you post the fix will be to change the badges on the front and rear of the car just joking (or am i). Seriously tho you will only get confused on the forum asking a question about a random noise to many keyboard mechanics your only way to get a awnser is to go to a gargae they will either put your mind at rest of confirm your fears either way you'll know the problem.

172 turbo

cheers dave will do

172 turbo

update got louder but noticed only wines when i come off acelerator if help when acelerate no real wine but when let off get loud!?? ideas

You need to get it looked at.

172 turbo

fancy fault checking it for less than k tec ! lol?