ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Extremely Slow Leak From Water Pump

Black Gold 182
Got my clio 182 3 weeks ago, noticed a week or so ago that the coolant had gone down slightly below the max line but admittadly i didnt check it before i drove it for a week so wasnt sure if it was always like this, having topped it up i checked it again today and its gone down about 2 cm's below the max line over the last 10 days or so. followed all the hoses to check for leaks and noticed under the water pump there was a little bead of water, looked as tho it had literally only dripped once or twice so im guessin the leak is very very slow, just wondering how much it is to have the water pump replaced? the car has had cam belt, aux belt, pulleys and new water pump 3 years ago which was only 14k miles ago, car is now on 49k miles. Also is this a BIG problem that needs fixing right away? or will it be ok for a couple of months (providing the leak doesnt get much worse) pretty skint atm due to buying the car and paying insurance deposits etc as my old policy had finished. Ive got a 12 months AA Extended dealer care warranty that the garage gave me free with the car but after reading through the T's and C's it seems as tho i actually have to break down in order to make a claim, and im sure theyr gunna make it as hard as possible for me to claim so if its not ridiculously expensive to get the water pump changed i'll just pay for it myself.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
It'll get worse, I had this problem and one day while out it just went and it wouldn't hold water at all.

Was the full aux kit changed? If not I'd get the lot done. Think I paid about £200 for the aux belt kit fitted at Birchdown, then maybe another £40 for the pump.

Clio 172 Phase 2
It'll get worse, I had this problem and one day while out it just went and it wouldn't hold water at all.

Was the full aux kit changed? If not I'd get the lot done. Think I paid about £200 for the aux belt kit fitted at Birchdown, then maybe another £40 for the pump.

Would also highly recommend Birchdown's services - Top notch :)