ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Extreme Flamer

extreme flamer
Thought I'd start a thread for some comments and suggestions for my first car that I've owned since June, it was pretty standard until xmas because ALOT was/went wrong with it but now thats all sorted I've started changing a few bits and can't really stop now (thanks to cs).Stuff I've done: tailored grey and red floor mats, leather richbrook gear knob, alpine CDE 113BT headunit, Blacked out boyracer rear lights (not sure about these atall I like these and I don't), 172 rear bumper, sport grill, skoda splitter, couple of cs stickers Plans: black, grey or white badges, black grey or white wheels, colour code the bump strips all round and bullets, colour code the door handles and boot button, colour code the rear bumper insert the same as the badges and wheels, try and get the paint work fixed up in general, lower it how much?, silvervisions in the headlights can someone give me a link please?, wet and dry my headlights or buy new ones, remove the bits of tar from the paint work somehow and give it a good polish to try and clear the paint up a bit, new number plates as I hate dealer plates and they are starting to peelIdeas I'm thinking about: campus bootlid, cup spoiler, tints, having my grills, splitter, mirror surrounds and scuttle panel painted black, decent exhaust like the stealth exhaust so many people use for a better sound.As I bought it (apart from I forgot to check that all tyres were actually legal so had to run a spare for a while): 05092011081.jpg05092011082.jpg05092011083.jpgPhotos took today after a good wash and tyre shine:04032012102.jpg04032012104.jpg04032012111.jpg04032012107.jpg04032012108.jpg04032012109.jpg04032012116.jpgHas anyone got any idea how to remove these daft extreme stickers without the risk of maybe peeling the lacquer off since they've probably been on it since new?04032012106.jpgAny comments/suggestions are appreciated (I can't afford a clio sport as I've crashed a work van recently and expect it to f*** my insurance up somehow so don't tell me to save up and buy one!)

extreme flamer
Had that posted alot better than that don't know what went wrong thats a mess must be my browser

RS6 C7
Can i just say next time please use paragraphs.

I know the post messed up but The first bit is as you typed it and i really CBA to read it.

Car looks smart though apart from the silly rear lights.

extreme flamer
Can i just say next time please use paragraphs.

I know the post messed up but The first bit is as you typed it and i really CBA to read it.
I did post it with paragraphs, Don't know what happened
Car looks smart though apart from the silly rear lights.
Cheers I was having doubts myself from the minute I fitted them TBH but they've just remained on the car

extreme flamer
cheers Claire, have you tried this? I don't want any trace of the sticker on the paint or anythin

extreme flamer
thanks knuckles will that bring the paint up a bit aswell? or will it just get rid of tar spots, etc.? black or grey alloys and badges, lowered, the bump strips and door handles colour coded if possible, thanks.

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.4 16v
yea i used a heat gun and was carefull how i did it. just enough to warm the glue up. when i removed the billabong badges

extreme flamer
cheers for the advice, i might have a go at destickering it at the weekend after i get time to finish my brakes then a polish, what exactly is clay and polish? im new to this stuff, still learning haha

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Spent the last hour photoshopping this lol. Then it goes and crashes before I can finish uploading. Here's one of three that went onto photobucket

Spaced
lowered
flared arches(had to)
Dewipered (lol accident)
anthracite wheels
Black wheels just looked wrong sorry
white wheels haven't uploaded yet
cambered

050920110812.jpg

God I love photoshop :D

extreme flamer
Thats great knuckles cheers, I think you've made my mind up about the wheel colour as I'm now thinking more towards anthracite than black but it looks like it might be a bit low for me with my splitter and all the speedbumps around here, the door handles look much cleaner than the faded black plastic ones I have, they are on the to do list. I like the de wipered look tbh its a shame they're needed more than anything in a car in Scotland haha is photoshop hard to learn? I think I would spend hours on it addicted

Astra (H) VXR
It's not too bad to use, just got to get used to it. Spend a couple of hours on it and learn the tools you can use and it gets easier... There are user guides online specific to modifying cars on photoshop. Pretty useful

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
You're welcome, if you don't like the faded plastic, get some turtle wax black on a flash, it's like £4 per can and it's awesome, I got mine in nov/dec and I've still got plenty left... And my plastics are nice and black :approve:

Photoshop isn't hard to pick up, if you're ever stuck there's always a guide on google :)

extreme flamer
going to the scrappy this week so I might go to halfords when I'm passing and purchase some for my mirror surrounds, scuttle panel, etc. do you just give the black parts a spray every time you wash your rep or does it last a few washes?

extreme flamer
Thought I'd do an update because I've done a few bits and pieces in the past couple of weeks.

Recently I've done: silvervisions in the headlights, osram cool blue sidelights, brake drums painted black, black renault badge on the front with iceberg silver backing, black clio badge, bullets sprayed black and letters done flame red, washed, clayed, polished and waxed (all meguiars) and also passed its test with no major problems

Heres a few pics I took last night and today:

IMG-20120409-00040.jpg

IMG-20120409-00043.jpg

IMG-20120410-00057.jpg

IMG-20120410-00050.jpg

IMG-20120410-00058.jpg

IMG-20120410-00059.jpg

IMG-20120410-00047.jpg

IMG-20120410-00048.jpg

The only other plans I have now are: paint the rear diamond black, boot button colour coded, side strips and front bump strips colour coded, wheel refurb, lower it a bit, fix headlights, probably think of more but as its a 1.2 I don't want to go too far

any comments appreciated

extreme flamer
Could someone do a photoshop for me when theyr not busy please? I'd like it lowered (not too much) with black canasta wheels from the mk3 dynamique, colour coded bump strips on side and front bumper instead of the half a**** attempt which seems to have been done by stevie wonder, cc'd door handles, black grill as mines seems to have faded in 2 months or less. Really want to finish this off soon when I get a new job so would like to see what my plans will look like, thanks

extreme flamer
A wee update of whats been done recently: painted brake callipers black, painted boot diamond black, cc'd boot button, cc'd door handles and bump strips.
It's nearly the way I want it now just need funds so I can lower it, fit sport replica sideskirts, fit canastas, cup spoiler, sport interior(maybe recaros), colour code front bumper and a few small things
Here it is as it stands now:
IMG-20120606-00109.jpg

IMG-20120606-00110.jpg

IMG-20120606-00113.jpg

Heres my first photoshop attempt of roughly how it will look soon hopefully
cliooncanastas.jpg

Any comments/ideas appreciated as always

extreme flamer
Nice car mate.

Keep the ph2 wheels imo.

Sam!
Cheers mate.
I've kind of been thinking about that recently as the tyres on these alloys still have alot of life in them.
Just going to keep the standard alloys and either freshen them up with a refurb in the standard colour or maybe anthracite or ford graphite grey or something and lower it a bit to improve the looks of it then maybe get some spacers when I've got the cash, I think the reason I think they look too small is because its not been lowered atall yet.
Plus my mate has 16" alloys on his clio and I really hate the way it drives somehow

BG 182 FF
C.
Just going to keep the standard alloys and either freshen them up with a refurb in the standard colour or maybe anthracite or ford graphite grey or something and lower it a bit to improve the looks of it then maybe get some spacers when I've got the cash, I think the reason I think they look too small is because its not been lowered atall yet.

I was going to get some turinis on my flamer, although some many people have them (not that that's a bad thing) and i quite like the look of the standards anyway, mine desperatley need a refurb though and was also considering powder coating them anthracite but ive got silver bullets now so probably wouldnt look right. And im lowering mine soon mate so you will be able to see what it looks like on mine.

Also im going to have to colour code my door handles now! are they easy to remove?

extreme flamer
I doubt I'll ever get all the stuff done which I wanted to do to my car now tbh, I've kinda lost interest just now because my engine management and electronic fault light keep appearing which has been happening every few months for about a year now. It would be good to see it lowered on the standard 15s but, I've thought my car was too high since I bought it and it might convince me to finally get it done lol.

Quite easy mate you take the doorcard off then youl see 2 bolts that hold the door handles on, take these off, unclip the little clip from the door handle to the metal rod going to the door lock then they should just pop out.(remember where the clip goes or your door handles won't work correctly)
I managed to get a pair off a guy that was breaking a flame red clio sport for £15, that was just really so I could still use my car instead of it being off the road while the handles were being painted

BG 182 FF
Ive got mine on sportlines now mate if you want to have a look, and i still need to get some handles, i keep messaging people who are breaking but no luck so far! hows your car doing?

extreme flamer
Ive got mine on sportlines now mate if you want to have a look, and i still need to get some handles, i keep messaging people who are breaking but no luck so far! hows your car doing?

I like the height of yours, it looks good, its about the same height as I've always wanted mines to be since I got it.
I think you might struggle for flame red handles tbh, I think I was just lucky enough to find someone who was willing to sell the handles seperate from the doors at the time I wanted them, but its a better option if you can find some then your cars still useable.
It's been better, It just needed 2 new tyres, an exhaust mount, doing the ARB bushes this week hopefully, the engine management and electronic fault light are on constantly and it needs a few other bits done. I don't think I'll be doing much more to it apart from cleaning it and maybe some scratch removal.