ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

External HD problem on my Mac

RS Clio 182
Hi guys,i wonder if anyone could help me with this problem - i bought a Seagate 1TB external Hd yesterday,i go to install the DMG file,then it tells me to click on this 'mac installer' icon - but then it says 'the dashboard quit unexpectedly' ...happens everytime! Really not sure why...ive tried getting the latest installer but still the same thing.

I didnt realise you had to install anything to use a HD - anyone used one of these? :S

RS Clio 182
Cheers,i went through the tutorial and went to 'erase' and it comes up with an error - 'Disc erase failed' & 'file system formatter failed' ?

Now when i plug the HD back in,nothing shows up on my devices,no HD icon even appears on my desktop?

'04 Clio 1.4 16v
Yeah i'l just take it back and get another one - is there any HDs that simply plug and work with the mac,instead of having to install something? I heard WD is a good external HD?

All external hard drives (when they are not faulty) should just work when plugged in. I never install any of the bundled software, it's mostly rubbish anyway. In fact, the first thing you *should* do when plugging in a new hard drive is to format it and get all the manufacturer sh*te off it.

Edit: any of these should be good: http://www.hotukdeals.com/tag/external-hard-drive

Last edited: