ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Extending TV connections

Golf Mk6 tdi
I have a new build and it's not quite working with the current layout vs furniture vs games consoles. I want to remove the stupid faceplate the builder put in and just have a normal plug, aerial, sky connection individual faceplates.

The tricky bit is I have room behind the door for a sideboard which I want to house the consoles so they don't make the TV stand look busy. So I want to put a female outlet on the wall behind the tv and another on the wall behind the sideboard. My idea is to channel out the wall, remove the skirting, install fire proof power, hdmi and cat 6 to have all the sockets where I need them, then use small patch leads to connect the devices to the wall ports.

56cd73c7122f084b42e7ea0e0db38882.jpg

182 T
Easy, the only thing to think about is the depth of the required sockets. You want an ethernet faceplate, hdmi faceplate and phone faceplate. HDMI is usually just a right angle socket inside the faceplate that you plug whatever length HDMI cable in. You'll need crimps/punch down tool for the cat6. I use brush plates if I want loads of random cables out. Get jacketed HDMI and go for shielded cat6. You shouldn't run cat6/phone parallel with power cables. It can cause interference. This is mine:

P1YywhT.jpg