ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Expensive Paperweight

Mk2 MX5 1.8iS - Side
I attempted to update my 3GS to OS4 last night, Plugged the phone in, backed everything up, downloaded the update and as it started to update I got an error flash up on the PC screen, saying unable to update. Clicked OK, and left the phone plugged in.

The phone was now not in iTunes. The computer did not recognize the phone at all. There was no response from the phone at all. Tried resetting the phone (home and power), no good. Tried to enter DFU restore mode, but as the first part of the instructions says "turn iPhone on" and I couldn't do that, it didn't work.

I now have a 2 and a half month old iPhone which does f**k all. I still have the receipt from Phones4u, but if I take the phone into the Apple store this morning, what are my chances of a quick fix/replacement unit?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They'll sort you out in about 3 seconds it's only 2 month old.

Take it in, swap and walk back out.

Apple will sort.

Mine did the same thing 1 day before I sold it, I was shitting myself.

I tried the DFU mode over and over again, and eventually it worked.

It's likely to be an issue with iTunes on your Windows machine. The Apple store will be able to get your phone working again, but there's a possibility that as soon as you try to restore from backup when you get home, it'll happen again.

Fingers crossed it doesn't though.

Mk2 MX5 1.8iS - Side
Just been to Apple. Their systems in the store wouldn't recognize the phone either. Got myself a shiny new one, updated to iOS4 instore.

Top service tbh.