ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Expected price?

Clio 197
Hi Guys,

After a bit of help, I need new disks and pads all round on my 197, how much should I be expecting to pay, just want to keep standard make etc.

Cheers
James.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I can find out tomorro at work but at a guess £40ish for pads and prob £70-80ish for discs

Clio 197
I can find out tomorro at work but at a guess £40ish for pads and prob £70-80ish for discs

Thanks, yeah only if you could out, dont go to silly trouble, would be much apprciated. Just im going to book it in, and wondering how much etc.

Megane R26
Not for a 197 - the front pads are about £90, the rear are £45. Front discs are about £100, rear about £70.

Then maybe 3 hours labour on top...

I got my front pads only done on Friday and that was nearly £130...

Megane R26
Are you sure they all need doing? Mine is on 33k, and it's only had this first set of front pads and its awesome again... 5mm of 10mm left on the back, and no warping on any discs.

Clio 197
Are you sure they all need doing? Mine is on 33k, and it's only had this first set of front pads and its awesome again... 5mm of 10mm left on the back, and no warping on any discs.

Yeah mate, had some heavy track action - rear ones especially practically no pads left

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Right just had a look at work, mintex pads are £34.47 inc vat part number MDB2725
discs are about £50 each and should be 312mm? national's part number is NBD1539

hope that helps!

S3, Polo
do it yourself and save yourself some wedge....it really is not that difficult

It really is very simple on a 172. Imagine it'd be pretty similar on a 197? :S

Brembo HC's (£55), Mintex 1144's (£65) fitted in about 3 hours (inc. fannying ing around and wiping down my struts, wishbones and springs) and bled the system using an Eezibleed and Castrol Response Super DOT4 (£9) in another 1.5 hours (most fiddly bit!).

:)

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
The rear discs are quite expensive (around £200+vat from Renault for the pair) as like the 172 they come with bearings and ABS sensors. The rear discs are also unique to the 197.

We would be happy to work out package deal for you.

David.