ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhausts for 182

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
rich[182];2797034 said:
Can someone do a sticky stating that if you've not got a Yozza, BTB or Orbisound then your not worthy, that's basically how every single zorst thread has gone over the past 3-4 months

I think I have been had by Milltek, despite loving it, I think in a parallel universe it fits crap, sounds crap, built crap, looks crap and has made throttle response very poor :banghead::sleepy:

Reset your ecu mate, milltek is a fantastic system.

clio 200 F4Rt
The question begs to be asked. How did Orbisoud manage it?

dont they do 2 systems?

one which is right on borderline of 96odd db, and one that is over?

Which is not ideal on all UK circuit's, as some have very strict sound ruling (IE Castle Coombe, Goodwood)

So rather than have to be cautious on the throttle or let off at the sound testers, with ours its not an issue.

clio 200 F4Rt
The only sensible answer is a BTB.

The very best materials, excellent welds, perfect fit, track day noise friendly, and the only one out of all mentioned PROVEN to give power gains (especially in the mid-range where its most useful).

Plus its designed very well, with straight as possible pipes to aid exhaust gas flow. unlike some of the spagetti junction systems mentioned!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Renault-Clio-...hZ020QQcategoryZ38786QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

I beg to differ. Supersprint have RR graphs of back to back runs with standard exhaust then theirs. It gives an extra 5PS I believe from memory. Got mine delivered tonight, and it looks sexy. Getting fitted tomorrow sometime!

Fair enough, was not too sure about the supersprint. Never seen one in the flesh, but looks a decent bit of kit.

clio 200 F4Rt
rich[182];2797034 said:
Can someone do a sticky stating that if you've not got a Yozza, BTB or Orbisound then your not worthy, that's basically how every single zorst thread has gone over the past 3-4 months

I think I have been had by Milltek, despite loving it, I think in a parallel universe it fits crap, sounds crap, built crap, looks crap and has made throttle response very poor :banghead::sleepy:

Thats not the case at all.

These threads get started, and they usually end up coming down to the above systems as people ask for whats the 'best'.

As for being not worthy, again not the case. Those that want a system that looks and sound better than the standard system buy a miltek, magnex etc.

Those that want performance gain buy BTB, orbisound.

Those that are brain washed by fred by YS :D

clio 182
i got a milltek and it looks, feels and sounds wicked, no bloody worries! Getting my ecu remapped next month so should see a bigger improvement...... cant wait

Milltek'd 182
i think there needs to be a comparison thread. maybe with pics/vids of all the systems (either all with or all without a decat) and made a sticky. and anyone who has RR'd before and after should also post that up. personally i think the gains between having a milltek, YS, BTB would be minimal as they are all improvements over an already good standard system (for gas flow).

cup 182 mit stripes
So many conflicting views on the various threads about exhausts. I want the lightest and most power enhancing. Am prepared to buy the very best.

Come on BenR!! Get the finger out. lol

clio 200 F4Rt
So many conflicting views on the various threads about exhausts. I want the lightest and most power enhancing. Am prepared to buy the very best.

Come on BenR!! Get the finger out. lol

Why havent you bought a BTB yet then?

I know BenR is meant to be producing a system, but surely you dont think he knows more about exhaust manufacture than experts like BTB?

(please note this is not a dig or salgging benr off! just a question)

clio 200 F4Rt
i think there needs to be a comparison thread. maybe with pics/vids of all the systems (either all with or all without a decat) and made a sticky. and anyone who has RR'd before and after should also post that up. personally i think the gains between having a milltek, YS, BTB would be minimal as they are all improvements over an already good standard system (for gas flow).

in a n ideal world we could get one car, test it as standard, then in turn test it with each system.

but unfortuantly its unlikely to happen.

We have posted graphs before, which show a clear increase in power and torque across the rev range, but no one else seems to be able to provide anything! Manufactures or 3rd parties!

M140i/Orange 182
i got a milltek and it looks, feels and sounds wicked, no bloody worries! Getting my ecu remapped next month so should see a bigger improvement...... cant wait

should be recieving my milltek tomorrow, have you got the decat to go with it mate?

if so whats it like...

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Nothing like blowing your own trumpet eh fmp? lol. Give it a rest, we are all aware of what the btb system is capable of.
Orbisound is the lighest isn't it Jack?

clio 200 F4Rt
Nothing like blowing your own trumpet eh fmp? lol. Give it a rest, we are all aware of what the btb system is capable of.
Orbisound is the lighest isn't it Jack?

just stating fact my friend.

I am not overly bothered if people buy BTB, orbisound etc, just as long as people are educated enough to know what they are getting if they pay 300 or 500 quid for an exhaust.

I will say no more!!!

clio 182

should be recieving my milltek tomorrow, have you got the decat to go with it mate?

if so whats it like...

didnt get the decat i'm afraid but definately thinking bout it before the remap.... thing is though i'm proper afraid of getting involved in big smash (one where the police really look at your car and find no cat which would really screw your insurance) i am that unlucky!.....might wussy out an go for a sports cat though......proper losing sleep over the issue. Exhaust sounded ok ish when i got it but 2K later and its sounding better and more like the car in the milltek video clip

clio 182
i'm a brilliant driver incidently like all clio drivers LOL....just people have the habit of running into ME! and just dont really want to explain to someone in court why i'm running a car ilegally if it should ever happen. I luv clio's dont get me wrong but if your in the quest for more power decatting a car will only get you what? 10bhp maybe with the remap. Its just not worth the risk just buy a faster car as standard an stay legal....... there i've said it.... gonna go out an razz my car about now cuz i feel dirty! LOL sports cat it is then after that rant then. ... so much personallity in the clio though i think everyone will agree?

clio 200 F4Rt
i'm a brilliant driver incidently like all clio drivers LOL....just people have the habit of running into ME! and just dont really want to explain to someone in court why i'm running a car ilegally if it should ever happen. I luv clio's dont get me wrong but if your in the quest for more power decatting a car will only get you what? 10bhp maybe with the remap. Its just not worth the risk just buy a faster car as standard an stay legal....... there i've said it.... gonna go out an razz my car about now cuz i feel dirty! LOL sports cat it is then after that rant then. ... so much personallity in the clio though i think everyone will agree?

you dont get much by de-catting the 182, as the standard cat is a pretty high flow item anyway.

R

rich[182]

If you inform your insurance company surely you'd be ok ? I didn't realise it was illegal to run a decat anyway, only the issue of perhaps failing the mot test

R

rich[182]

you dont get much by de-catting the 182, as the standard cat is a pretty high flow item anyway.

didnt realise that, is it something like a 200 cell rather than 400 or something ?
ta

clio 182
if your car doesnt pass an M.O.T then the insurance is void, if you take out the cat after the M.O.T then your still breaking the law because you know it wouldnt pass by doing it. Decated cars should only be used on a race track in the eyes of law. A lot of people do it and get away so its up to the individual i guess (do you feel lucky) and yeah the sport cat has less cells but you onlt get 5bhp or something similar (i'm no expert on this) it'd still make a difference on my remap though

clio 182
and the sports cat is well expensive for what it is...... i can afford it though i'l just work some overtime at work. LOL

R

rich[182]

Theres been threads on decats in the past, I thought the law only states you need one to pass the mot, doesnt actually say you need one to drive the car on public roads or to insure your car, Im curious about this, anyone else got any info ? If theres any doubts then tbh I can't be bothered risking getting one since i wont be tracking it anway
ta

clio 182
think about it, why would manufactures make a sport cat when you can get a cat replacement pipe for a fraction of the cost. Still if anyone knows different then pleaase let me know......... but i think i'm correct though

tiTTy & SV650
182 uses an alloy skinned cat instead of ceramic or something, the first Renault production car to do so. Quite free flowing as already said, after all most of the 182's gains over the 172 are due to the exhaust system.

Last edited:
  clio 182
just phoned a few people an i'm definately definately correct its illegal to run a car without a cat on public roads so there you have it. thing is you never get stopped and checked but it does happen..... all depends on how much of a boy racer you are but in a serious smash your insurance company will do anything to get out of paying up and not having a cat is thier ticket out, i'm 33yrs old an still pay £500 (got an accident against me still) so i want my money's worth. As i've quoted before.. the choice is yours. Reet got to sign off now because i got to go to work an earn some dollar for my mods

cup 182 mit stripes
Enjoyed the vids Jesske. Is the ORBISOUD on Ktec website the loudest one? It seems to have the bigger tail pipes.

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
It's a different sound. Mine is more rattling and sharp and very booming between 2.5 and 4 k

If you like a deep sound, this one is not good. It sounds rubbish, but I like that.

Much better than my Janspeed and better then my Milltek, but to loud for the lady. And she rules

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
I looked and it's the loud endmuffler, but I think it's filled more. Mine sounds empty :) Especially when cold

Lionel Richie
ours is 1kg more than the orbi

MAROK - re decats and the law, why do some insurance companies allow decats then? (not having a go, i just think its one of those "grey" areas)

clio 182
i have no idea didnt think any insurance company would allow decats, why do you know of one?...... just got in from work an i'm boloxd now soooo off to bed to probably dream about catalytic converters now. ciao

Lionel Richie
yeah there's several!

182 cat is a restriction, if you can't notice a difference (quite a noticable one) with a decat fitted you need your head checking! LOL

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
It's a different sound. Mine is more rattling and sharp and very booming between 2.5 and 4 k

If you like a deep sound, this one is not good. It sounds rubbish, but I like that.

Much better than my Janspeed and better then my Milltek, but to loud for the lady. And she rules

Yeah that's definitely a raspy sounding exhaust! lol. Hope my supersprint doesn't sound like that :S

just phoned a few people an i'm definately definately correct its illegal to run a car without a cat on public roads so there you have it. thing is you never get stopped and checked but it does happen..... all depends on how much of a boy racer you are but in a serious smash your insurance company will do anything to get out of paying up and not having a cat is thier ticket out, i'm 33yrs old an still pay £500 (got an accident against me still) so i want my money's worth. As i've quoted before.. the choice is yours. Reet got to sign off now because i got to go to work an earn some dollar for my mods

lol, well it must be correct then!

You are actually wrong, there is no part of the MOT that specifically says a cat must be present on a vehicle. Car's from about 1992 are fitted with them as it became a requirement for the manufacturer to fit them. The only criteria you need to meet is emissions to pass the MOT and therefore be road legal. Some newer cars will pass without them some wont so you cannot catagorically state having a decat will make the car illegal.

Oh and if you dont beleive me about the cat check being part of an MOT phone VOSA rather than "a few people". ;)

Milltek'd 182
^^ so by taking the cat off you are therefore making the CO2 emissions illegally high and therefore you car isn't legal? why do VOSA have emission testers......because people have de-cats.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Logical. LOL!

Loony is right, you are highly likely to be right in most cases.

^^ so by taking the cat off you are therefore making the CO2 emissions illegally high and therefore you car isn't legal? why do VOSA have emission testers......because people have de-cats.

Yes it's highly likely a decat will make the car illegal due to emissions but as i said it's not a given. The point I was making is there is nothing that says you legally have to have a cat fitted to your car. It has to be fitted legally at manufacture but there is no physical check for a cat after that point, it's purely an emissions check.

Milltek'd 182
oh right. i understand now. so in essence the police can't actually prosecute for the fact you dont have a de-cat, but can if you fail an emissions test?

also does that mean if you were to crash with a de-cat, the insurance would still be valid along with the mot. assuming the engine was buggered and they couldn't perform a test?!