ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust tip.

Hey guys, what do you think of this exhaust tip?

24zktq8.jpg

Don't want the usual comments of "save and buy a full system". Just want to improve the look of the car.. Opinions please?

Arctic 182
I personally wouldn't bother with the tips that attach or just slide over standard. The car would look much better without it IMO & saves you hassle of paying/fitting/cutting for a look with no sound! Plus the way the exhaust sits as standard would mean it points down?!

No backbox.. So would be getting some piping work done so it comes out straight. Pretty cheap tbh aswell so not worried there, i'm only after look tbh, gone of the idea of looking amazing sound when it's only a diesel. Thanks very much for input!!:)

PH1 loads of boost!
Nice way of turning your exhaust into whatever you want. I welded a tailpipe onto my ktec stealth. Looks custom. Sh1t pic...

20131106_220324_zpsfcc7c488.jpg

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I also had my exhaust tip changed, mine had 2 tail pipes when i bought it which were horrid, i stuck it in to my local exhaust place and he welded a 3" tip on.

Huge improvement

Arctic 182
No backbox.. So would be getting some piping work done so it comes out straight. Pretty cheap tbh aswell so not worried there, i'm only after look tbh, gone of the idea of looking amazing sound when it's only a diesel. Thanks very much for input!!:)

Fair play if it's no cost & aggro mate. If if fits ok & looks ok then that's all that matters!

S4 Avant
Where's the guy who fitted "turned down" diesel exhaust tips to his 182? They looked sh*t as well.

Thanks for the opinion guys, will definitely be getting this done, just want to give the car a newer look because the current exhaust is rusted, holes and just looks terrible so thought why not go for something shiny? haha

Where's the guy who fitted "turned down" diesel exhaust tips to his 182? They looked sh*t as well.

Won't be going for turned down exhaust tips but would like to see what it looks like if anyone has pics or know who it is.

182 track, Mk7 ST
I did consider slightly turned down tips but decided against it for that reason lol!

I'm going to find out about getting my 182 Ktec tips changed for 3 inch straight pipes, have them stick out a bit further aswell as they sit really close to the bumper line atm. Wanted them for a while...then my brother went and bought a 182 with straight pipes on it lol!

I did consider slightly turned down tips but decided against it for that reason lol!

I'm going to find out about getting my 182 Ktec tips changed for 3 inch straight pipes, have them stick out a bit further aswell as they sit really close to the bumper line atm. Wanted them for a while...then my brother went and bought a 182 with straight pipes on it lol!

Straight pipes look a lot better. Was looking at 3 inch pipes, but thought they looked slightly too large for my car so think the image I put there is a 2 inch tip which looked alright up against the car. I'm not sure whereabouts I should bring the tip out, guy says it can be brought out anywhere, but not exactly sure.

Wherever you decide to bring it out, if you're recessing it i'd advise you cut the bumper a liiiiiitle bit at a time. I let my mate go at it for my exhaust and he made the hole WAY too big, now it looks shite. Always hoping to replace the bumper anyway though so doesn't bother me too much.

Wherever you decide to bring it out, if you're recessing it i'd advise you cut the bumper a liiiiiitle bit at a time. I let my mate go at it for my exhaust and he made the hole WAY too big, now it looks s**te. Always hoping to replace the bumper anyway though so doesn't bother me too much.

I'm not cutting the bumper, so it will be coming out below the bumper because I was thinking of getting a ph2 bumper at some stage so no point cutting the one I have anyway. But yeah, I was advised if cutting the bumper to take it slow.