ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust sleeving 182

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone have a guide or something to show what is involved with this?

I've fitted a new exhaust but it's not fitting nicely around the olive joint from the cat back, it's almost as if the new exhaust dia olive joint is too big so it's not sealing properly.

Can anyone explain what is sleeved onto what? which bits I need to measure etc, as in the inner diameter or the outer diameter to be measured.

Basically a guide for a total noob to this.

@dann2707

I think they just cut the joint off the cat and weld a metal pipe onto it and then welding onto centre section

@Fred@BTM i think hes done a few of these.

Id like mine doing also to prevent future problems

turbo 182
Cut the olive off the Cat and weld a straight piece of pipe on and do the same to your mid section or remove the olive bung depending on what exhaust you have
The straight piece of pipe on the back of the cat needs to be the same diameter as the mid section pipe then the cat just slides into position

I'll have a modified cat for sale by the end of the week if your intrested that is already sleeved?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Cut the olive off the Cat and weld a straight piece of pipe on and do the same to your mid section or remove the olive bung depending on what exhaust you have
The straight piece of pipe on the back of the cat needs to be the same diameter as the mid section pipe then the cat just slides into position

I'll have a modified cat for sale by the end of the week if your intrested that is already sleeved?

Thanks for that mate, definitely explains it :)

What size is the sleeve? I've got a powerflow cat back exhaust atm but will need to check the size. How much were you after for it?

turbo 182
Bore is 2.5" so if your cat back is 2.5" it will fit not 100% what I'd want for it tbh but it would need collected North east

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Bore is 2.5" so if your cat back is 2.5" it will fit not 100% what I'd want for it tbh but it would need collected North east

Hi mate.

Just measured, my cat back is 2.25" bore and my actual cat bore is 2" (these are O.D's)

Any chance you could link me to what pipe I need to order on eBay or something please?

I've read something

find out the diameter of the pipe on the cat back

get a stainless tube the same, stainless so it lasts

cut off the doughnut on the cat

get it welded on dead straight. I paid about £20

but surely if I get a piece of pipe that is the same as the catback it's not going to slide into each other?? Ahh confused.

Last edited:
  LY FF182
You want some pipe that the same I/D as the O/D of your centre section. So 2 1/4" then cut slits in it and expand it very slightly. It should then slide onto the centre (once olive joint has been cut off!) then mock it up in place and use a stand to hold the cat in place and tack weld sleeve to cat, remove and weld completely, refit with new gasket and some sealant on the sleeve, job done

LY FF182
Or just get some pipe the is like 1mm bigger than the centres O/D then no need to expand!

turbo 182
eBay is where is got mine just search 2.25" stainless steal there will be options for what mm thickness you want aswell I think it was from fusion exhausts I then took my cat and the stainless steel to a local fabricator and told them what I wanted and I think it cost me £15