ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust should i cut holes in rear bumper

i have a 182 2004 that has a rear bumper with no holes cut out for exhaust, current i have a 172 style exhaust but want to replace to the original style,

I am about to get a new exhaust ….. i reckon it will probably be the piper exhaust but not sure and will listen to suggestions, don't want to spend load tho on exhaust as car not worth lots

so my question is how easy is it to cut holes in the bumper and will a simple jigsaw do the job? or should i look at getting second hand bumper?

also what size are the holes and how far apart

thanks

182ff
You need to measure the cut outs very very carefully from someone else's 182 bumper otherwise you may regret it.
i don't think you need a jigsaw though.

You need to measure the cut outs very very carefully from someone else's 182 bumper otherwise you may regret it.
i don't think you need a jigsaw though.

what do you think the best method to cut hole would be then? the bumper is made of plastic right? might google it

renault clio 1.4 16v
the tech that did my exhaust cut the bumper with a knife, did a good job at it too, a jigsaw with a short blade would do the job in seconds but be carefull... you could just as easily f it up in seconds as well