ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Recommendations

182 BG
Morning all,

Pardon my ignorance, been a while since I messed about with a French car!
What exhausts do people tend to favour these days? I've been looking at Scorpion's and Millteks so far (Resonated, don't think I'd be able to live with the drone of a non-res! Can also swap the centre pipe out in the future if needs be!) and don't know which one to go for!

Am I right in thinking that these exhausts will still bolt up to the standard CAT... I do still like some economy for the commute to work!

Any advice or feedback would be appreciated!

Cheers

Morning all,

Pardon my ignorance, been a while since I messed about with a French car!
What exhausts do people tend to favour these days? I've been looking at Scorpion's and Millteks so far (Resonated, don't think I'd be able to live with the drone of a non-res! Can also swap the centre pipe out in the future if needs be!) and don't know which one to go for!

Am I right in thinking that these exhausts will still bolt up to the standard CAT... I do still like some economy for the commute to work!

Any advice or feedback would be appreciated!

Cheers

I really rate my piper exhaust. Lovely burble on idle and not too loud when pottering around and louder higher up the rpms

I have a KTR (KTEC) stealth on my car and I don't like it.

It is boomy, too loud in the back and doesn't sound all that great.

It is the version with middle silencer and back box.

Chi- how much louder is the BTB than standard? Do you mind me asking how much you paid for it also? I hear they're the best of the after market exhausts and would quite like one myself!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
It was on another Clio I had mate so threw it on my favourite car. It's not droney like the ktec, just sounds better imo. Got one on my 182 race car too and love it.. if your local your welcome to come out in any

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I have a KTR (KTEC) stealth on my car and I don't like it.

It is boomy, too loud in the back and doesn't sound all that great.

It is the version with middle silencer and back box.
Yup, sums up my opinion on them

Droney crap. I bought a 172 years ago with one fitted. It lasted a week. I bunged a new standard one on decatted and it was perfect for me.

I am putting a standard one back on as well once I get the other issues with the car sorted.
The insurance will be cheaper too as more companies will cover a standard car.

182 BG
Has anyone tried the Toyosport exhaust? Just wondering as it's reasonably cheap on eBay. Had a few VAG's with them on before and they seem really good!

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I really rate my piper exhaust. Lovely burble on idle and not too loud when pottering around and louder higher up the rpms

Nath have you got a picture or a video of the piper as im thinking about getting one for the 172. Got a KTR recessed atm

Sorry for the bump lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
You not like the recessed? I'm looking to replace my stealth with silenced cebtre with the above and unsilenced centre. Had the set up before and loved it.