ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust popping

Not sure were to post this im new to this forum but iv just bought a clio 1.4 si i think it is wasnt really after a clio but as it was so cheap i had to have it and wernt much els i could find.
so i was just wondering how people get the pooping noise from there exhaust
iv seen afew cars down the cruise that i go to that to this and sounds cool haha

iv got afew pics of thee car
front bumper will probably come off somtime soon to plus cracks in it
the car was only £500 mind
with Renault clio sport interior

314498_10150455180821480_629716479_10789054_2073789243_n.jpg

313241_10150959094190607_567845606_21865565_1296100669_n.jpg

392317_10150455178176480_629716479_10789015_1828909019_n.jpg

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
welcome to the forum, i hope your ready for a little criticism, have you got any plans for the car ?

a thirsty one
Good price, at some point someone spent some $ on it. Enjoy the cheap run about but I wouldn't throw cash at it as an investment.

If you intend to improve it get standard front and back bumpers and lose the side skirts... Im sure everyone's thinking the body kit looks s**t... and the wheels...

Would be a nice restore to standard and sell on project or keep for a cheap run around, do you like the way it looks currently?

Hyundai Coupe
This thread is only going to end one way...

Err. Exhaust popping can be done in a few ways. Most of the time people just wop a straight pipe to the exhaust with no cat/silencer in... Ask your friends at your cruise...

Rusty Cup
Its a fair enough question. I believe a popping exhaust is due to unburnt fuel detonating in the exhaust, not sure how you would induce this on a 1.4 clio. Thats not being condescending i honestly dont know :p

Looks wise your on the right tracks thinking the front bumper needs to go, the rear looks pretty funky imo!! not bad for 500 squid.

Its a fair enough question. I believe a popping exhaust is due to unburnt fuel detonating in the exhaust, not sure how you would induce this on a 1.4 clio.

there is probably loads of unburnt fuel in that exhaust because it is so big it goes through the petrol tank. can you do this with it???

head-in-sand.jpg

ITB BG 182
Welcome to the forum, if its not standard with turini's and blah blah blah, people will shoot you down on this forum. but fcuk em ;)

Not bad for 500 quid matey, personally I'd bin the front bumper too as it just looks daft. Sides and rear look alreet to me.

IF... you could get the body kit off withouth damaging it then im sure some boy racer would have it off you at cost then do the car up and sell it.

Clio 172 Cup
That used to be my mates car yearrrrrs ago, (or one identical in every way). Was his first car and he kaned the tits off it, literally.

ph2 172
Orite fella, mine pops but not loud, its more of and over run but i think thats cause i've got a cat in. Once the exhaust is hot and i take her to about 4k in 2nd or 3rd, lift off and it should over run, if i tap the accelerator while engine braking between 2 and 4k it over runs/pops. Just what i found out while driving