ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Exhaust Photo - broken?

172 Mk2 Ph1
Is this broken, will I need a new one?

It is also very raspy at certain speeds and the renault stealer said it was something in the middle that has collapsed?

How much is a stealth compared to having a standard one refitted?

Attachments

• Zorst.JPG
    Zorst.JPG
    95.7 KB · Views: 100
  172 Mk2 Ph1
I think Ill price up the stealth and a standard one and see, do like the idea of a lifetime gaurantee though...

not a clio anymore
Mate, I had exactly the same happening to me a week ago. I went to a small local garage that managed to weld it back up (but he wasn't 100% sure he could do it before trying). Mucho cheaper than changing the damn thing. Also he advised me to attach the exhaust with some metal wire to the car as to not put too much strain on the line (there are a couple of holes in which you can pass the wire. (the car went in about a week after I first asked him)

Hope you get it sorted soon.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
lol thats fucked. IMO i wouldnt replace it with a renault one. a stelth can be had for 3ton,. ul pay that if not more for a full systems which will fail again soon

172 Mk2 Ph1
Slightly bemused as I was just quoted £800 from renault for a complete new system!!! That cant be right!!! I was almost speechless!! Thats with a cat.

If I go with a K-tec stealth will the car pass the in 12 months? or will the emissions be too high?!

172 Mk2 Ph1
Held it up with light weight garden/chicken wire type stuff, seems quite solid. Wrapped it round a few times, and hooked it through part of the body work, will put piccy on when camera battery charged, gonna get a k-tec steath if they are road legal that is and they will pass MOT... any body know if this is the case?

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
where are you chap? cuz if you go to a custom place, a stealth should cost between 200-250. and you can choose what sound etc.

172 Mk2 Ph1
Oh, thats a fair bit cheaper, I can get to leeds Manchester Nottingham or newcastle easily.

I would def be interested in a custom stealth, how come it is cheaper than a pre made exhaust?

Cheers

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
not sure, but i've had quotes from a place in walsall (i know its miles from you, lol) for 250, and heard of cheaper places off people sayin on here.
think theres a longlife or powerflow your way.