ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

exhaust options....

mrl

clio rsi, clio 172
hi people, does anyone on here have/use a k-tec 172 stealth or supersport stealth 2.5" exhaust system??

i need a new system for the 172 i have just bought but i would rather have one that doesnt hang under the bumper or where the bumper needs cutting!

any good suggestions??
iv seen loads on here about yozza exhausts but never seen/heard one???

thanks in advance :approve:

53 Clio 172
I have the KTEC supersports and it doesn't hang low at all, infact you have to lay low to even see it however...its loud!

Probs a bit to loud for me and the neighbours so only good if you hardly do any miles imo

Lotus Elise
Yozza creates a lovely sound and the built quality is great. Much better than the majority of others available as well as this it is one of the lightest systems as well. Plenty of pics if you search around

Stripped yozza'd cup
If I'm honest, you should buy a yozza.... BUT, if you want to buy my k-tec stealt, PM me.

Then I'll buy a Yozza :)

mrl

clio rsi, clio 172
I have the KTEC supersports and it doesn't hang low at all, infact you have to lay low to even see it however...its loud!

Probs a bit to loud for me and the neighbours so only good if you hardly do any miles imo

i think the stealth is suposed to b quieter than the supersport so maybe thats the better option??
do u have a cat or a decat pipe?? coz im looking at the supersport with a decat pipe so maybe abit loud??

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Yozza.

I had a K-tec stealth, didn't like it anymore so bought a Yozza. Couldn't be any happier!

mrl

clio rsi, clio 172
iv done some hunting on youbube and found some yozza exhausts!!they sound amazing!!:cool:
but i would rather not have the exhaust visable (hanging under my bumper)

thats what i like about the k-tec one.is there any others anyone can suggest that arnt visable??

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
You can have the Yozza system with a stealth backbox instead of the one poking out.

Clio 197
fred at btm does them i believe , you will need to be a paid up member to see, you will need to get saving as they ain't cheap, everyone raves about them on here mind!

53 Clio 172
decat with the supersprts imo would be too loud but like I said, depends what sort of driving you do!

172 Cup R.I.P
i have a ktec stealth that i was about to put up in the for sales section,itwas only on my car fro 4 months, if ur interested?

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Yozza + decat = biblical sound :D i absolutely love mine wouldnt swap it for anything. Id even go as far to say that if for some reason i couldnt have a yozza id sell the clio lol.

Megane RS 250
If you're not in a hurry you could wait for the new Supersprint stealth.
Stainless steel 304, completely hidden...

mrl

clio rsi, clio 172
look what arrived today :D:D

13042011420.jpg

13042011419.jpg

13042011417.jpg

im abit worried how loud it is going to be but we will c......

il have to start a project thread as iv had lots of bits turn up today :D

Ph 1 172
thats looks like a lovely built exhaust. i got the ktec steath supersports with a decat its f**king loud so good luck withyours lol

mrl

clio rsi, clio 172
so iv been living with the very very very loud exhaust for a while now and its starting to get to me!!in fact i swear its still getting louder :eek::S
its rattled most of the car apart and given me lots of headaches!:(

its soooo loud i cant really drive the car hard as the noise is killing me, so iv spoke to k-tec who said its because the noise is sent down to the ground and bounces back up into the car.
so i have tried a middle box which didnt really do a lot and putting the cat back on makes a big difference when driving the car so thats staying off :evil:

so im now looking at getting a diffrent back box.i am thinking of getting a 182 back box (as i have a 182 bumper spare) but can someone tell me if a 182 back box will fit to a 172 system??

Megane RS 250
A 182 backbox won't fit because of the spare wheel. You could go for a recessed exit or a 182 style endpipe kit. It's true that the stealth exit has more resonance than a straight exit, especially with the k-tec that's not very well hidden and closer to the ground than other systems.
Why did you go for that k-tec if you were looking for a "quiet" system? You would be better off with a BTB Ninja or a Supersprint with the centre silencer (but this one will be loud too with the decat pipe, at least with the current centre section).
I'm fitting on my car a differen rear box with reduced piping (54 mm) to see if it's enough, so my configuration will be 182 manifold, sports cat (not much of a different than a decat in noise terms), 2"5 silenced Supersprint centre section, 2"12 rear stealth Supersprint exhaust. The last one is this one:
http://www.supersprint.com/it/prod-c-98-6051-7991-posteriore.aspx
modified in the last part with a pipe directed to the ground
The centre section will be modified to fit the new backbox, reducing the diameter of the pipe without any cut or weldings.
I shouldn't feel any powerloss, it could even run better as the gas gets colder running downstream a reduced diameter in the backbox could increase the gas speed.

mrl

clio rsi, clio 172
im not after a "quiet" system but something that doesnt make my ears bleed would be good!!
im also about to order a set of coilovers for the car so the exhaust will b closer to the ground so im guessing its gona get worse!!so iv got to get a back exit exhaust before i lower it!

cheers for the advice on the spare tho forgot about that :(

Last edited:
  Megane RS 250
Not at all, you just need a "real" stealth exhaust.
This is mine:
Clio_RS_Gardus_Supersprint_Exhaust_24.jpg

Clio_RS_Gardus_Supersprint_Exhaust_15.jpg

Clio_RS_Gardus_Supersprint_Exhaust_21.jpg

As you can see, there's no clearance problem. My car is on Eibach Sportline, but even if it was 30 mm lower it would be ok.

Attachments

• Clio_RS_Gardus_Supersprint_Exhaust_24.jpg
    Clio_RS_Gardus_Supersprint_Exhaust_24.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 61